Hardware Upgrade wait time question

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hardware Upgrade wait time question

Just checking and see if that's normal.

I placed an hardware upgrade about two weeks ago and so far still no update on when Rogers is going to ship out the phone.

The phone I am going to get is the S5 with the Gear 2 neo watch.

I called Rogers before and they kept saying they have no idea when the phone is going to ship out and shall still in the warehouse.

So just checking and see if anyone is having the same situtation and usually how long Rogers will take to ship out the phone?

Thanks,

***Edited Labels.***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Hardware Upgrade wait time question

Maybe meowmix can chime in, as he might have a bit better idea (has delt with it more often)

This is one reason, on things like this.. i prefer going into a store.. get my hands right on the product Smiley Sad

Good luck!

I Plan to Stick Around

I called Rogers yesterday and asked if I can pick up the phone in store instead and they said no. Not because they already processed my upgrade request, she mentioned all hardware upgrade must through customer support. Even tho I am sure last time I did hardware upgrade in Bestbuy here.

Anyways I got a feeling that I will have to wait longer... sighhh....

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unless say the specific DEAL was online only.... no thats not correct.

Any hardware upgrade, can be done at the store level.

Your old phone is out of contract and want to go in and get a new one? Go to the store.
Your old phone, still has 8 months left, but has died? And you want to pay off the ballance, and then do a new hardware? Go to the store.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Icefire

Once you do a hardware upgrade via the phone, the store will NOT give you a phone as you ordered it via the phone. Also the customers rep which told u that is incorrect. All stores do hardware upgrades no matter what.. You don't need to do it via customer service.

It could well be that there is a backlog on the device / watch. If it continues then i would call Rogers and have them cancel the order, go into a local Rogers store and do it there.
I've Been Around

I'm having the same issue as well. It's been two weeks and I've heard nothing about the status of my phone.