Hardware Upgrade - none share everything plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Hardware Upgrade - none share everything plan

Hi There - I am on a plan at $70+tax/fees per month that is not the share everything plan. In the past i've been able to do a hardware upgrade with a 2/3 year renewal because my plan was over a certain spend per month. However, now when I go to my rogers and try to upgrade, the only way I can renew for 2 years with the reduced hardware upgrade cost is if I change to a new share everything plan.

Is there anything that can be done to keep my plan, renew for 2 years, and get the upgrade cost instead of the notab cost?

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Hardware Upgrade - none share everything plan

Hello @dspec

Sadly this is a new rule. If you want a device on a lower sub price, your plan needs to change to their new Premium + Tab plan. If you stay with ur old one, u will have to pay more.

Contact Rogers and see what they can do for u.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @Meowmix - appreciate the quick reply. Is there any threads here that you can point me to where people discussed this? I somehow cant find any mention of this anywhere. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dspec

Check the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus reservation threads and the S8 reservation thread. U will see it there.

You can also contact Rogers as i said above and speak to a manager. They will tell u. 🙂
I've Been Around

I want to upgrade phone (new/used) but keep existing plan

I did see this similar post almost 2 years ago but something tells me that Rogers is making people switch to a new plan when changing the phone, new, used even BYOD.  Anyone know the current going process Rogers enforces.  I have an old S4 and want to upgrade to an iphone...I think I can get one used cheaper than the overall cost of going to a new plan and phone, even a zero dollar older Iphone SE at $0.  Plans are so expensive these days, are they not supposed to get cheaper???  I would be giving up a $67 dollar a month plan (unlmited/3Gigs) for a $125 (unlimited/5 Gig).  I might be able to swing a corporate discount plan but will still have to pay for iphone device tab and an increase to $87 a month.

Anyhow long story short, any advice on how to bring a phone over to current plan without even having to deal with upgrading the plan?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kirkharrald

If you buy a phone from lets say Kijiji or from a cellphone store, all you need to do is add the sim card in and u are set.

If you want to upgrade to a new phone from Rogers, then yes u will need to get a new plan they are offering in the market as of now.

Have you contacted Rogers and see what they can do? Also contact them via @CommunityHelps and see if they can do something for u!