My current phone is Blackberry Z10 which I got back in 2013.
Well, the year is 2018 and I figured I'd finally upgrade. So, after browsing the store, I decided on Samsung A8. I was on a basic talk & text plan at 25 CAD per month and upgraded the plan to Smart tab at 55CAD per month.
Rogers shipped the new phone a day later and it looked good.
Well, no. UPS attempted delivery. At least, that's what they claimed but my video surveillance shows no UPS truck or whatsoever. With no notice left, I am unable to do anything over the web.
That's fine. I can pick up but they apparently are holding it at a location I am not willing to go. (Too far for a round trip). So, I decided to ditch the phone upgrade and let UPS hold the package long enough that they will automatically send it back.
Here lies my issue. They are right now billing me for Smart tab plan which is 30 CAD more than what I used to pay. UPS will eventually return the shipment and I will need to downgrade my phone plan but what will happen to the extra 30 CAD I will need to pay? The bill is due already but will automatically charged in a week.
P.S. How long UPS will hold the package anyway?
Solved! Solved! Go to Solution.
Welcome to the Rogers Community!
Thank you for sharing your personal online hardware upgrade experience with us.
That account of events sounds rather painful.
If I understand correctly, you were not able to manage your delivery online, since you wrote you're "unable to do anything over the web". Have you tried to contact them by phone at 1-800-PICK-UPS?
If you no longer want the parcel, and have no intentions of picking it up, letting them know could accelerate the process.
Once UPS ships the phone back to our warehouse, it takes 24-72 hours to be reflected on your account.
Once that is completed, we can go ahead and change the plan back to what it originally was (No Tab tier).
However, that change won't be done automatically, just like you requested the change in the first place, you will have to contact us to request the price plan change again when the phone confirmed returned on your Rogers account.
Let us know if you have any other questions!
Correct, the shipment never made to the place. UPS claimed they attempted a delivery but video shows neither UPS truck nor any UPS delivery man between 8AM to 8PM.
Then they are holding the package about 45 minutes away from my work.
I am unable to pick that up since it's 2 hour round trip almost after I get off work. I won't make it there in time before they close.
UPS requires a serial code from a delivery notice paper to alter delivery options from their website.
I could call but the whole process just upsets me that I don't want to do this.
From your response, I am assuming that I will be out of the 30 CAD.
1. Well, no. UPS attempted delivery. At least, that's what they claimed but my video surveillance shows no UPS truck or whatsoever. With no notice left, I am unable to do anything over the web.
2. So, I decided to ditch the phone upgrade and let UPS hold the package long enough that they will automatically send it back.
3. Here lies my issue. They are right now billing me for Smart tab plan which is 30 CAD more than what I used to pay. UPS will eventually return the shipment and I will need to downgrade my phone plan but what will happen to the extra 30 CAD I will need to pay? The bill is due already but will automatically charged in a week.
4. P.S. How long UPS will hold the package anyway?
1. How do you know they attempted delivery?
2. If you want the phone, why not call them and ask them to deliver it to you on a day that you are home, or give them instructions to "leave it". Explain that your video surveillance system shows no record of attempted delivery.
3. You will need to contact Rogers in one of many ways (Share a concern, PM here, twitter, FB, etc) to get this straightened out if you decide not to get the new phone.
4. Why risk the hassle of leaving "your" phone with them? Either get them to deliver it, or tell them to return it. Just letting things lie is asking for trouble with a possible lost phone and a major headache for you.
Do you have the option to have it delivered "at work"? I always did that while working.
1. They called and told me that they tried to deliver and that they are holding the package at XXX location. I hung up but soon found that the location was too far after googling the address.
2. UPS is asking me Infonotice number since they attempted a delivery. I don't have this notice.
3. I contacted support. They said they will take back the phone once UPS sends it back.
Just call UPS and tell them you are refusing delivery and to return to sender. Nothing hard about that.
It was easier to be said than done.
Called UPS twice to send it back. I was "not authorized" to send it back and told me to call Rogers.
Called Rogers and was told that I had to call UPS.
Called UPS again. I got shut down. On 4th call on another day, however, met a kind rep who told me that I needed to use e-mail contact where I can input zipcode and phone number to verify me. Did that and finally they initiated return process on Dec 31.
What a pain.