Hacked?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Hacked?

I just ordered a wireless phone. Iphone. It has shipped. I received today an email with Important Order Confirmation, Terms and Conditions in the address line. It had the new phone number and order number when I opened it. But the boxes could not be opened. Now it has disappeared. Have I been hacked? What do I do about it?  

***Edited Lables***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator RogersMay
Retired Moderator

Re: Hacked?

Welcome to the Community Forums @skywalker!

Could you clarify what you mean by the boxes could not be opened?

Did you check your spam/junk folder, perhaps it was moved there?

RogersMay

I've Been Here Awhile

No the message has disappeared after I opened it. The boxes I reffered to were embedded text or image boxes. They did not open automatically and had a boxed question mark in the middle. It looked like there were at least four of them.  I'm concerned.  
This was sent as a rogers email with Rogers logo.  Have you had instances of this type of phishing? Should I activate this new phone? Has my computer been hacked? If so what do I do about it?

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

@skywalker, are you using Gmail? If yes, this has happened to me before as well with some emails. When you open Gmail on your computer, there is a folder on the left side that should say "Important". Click that and see if the email is in there. If it's not in there, click "more" and check the "all mail", "spam" or "trash" folders. This is only if you are using Gmail. Let us know. The image boxes with images not showing is normal and happens when I'm using Outlook as well. They don't download automatically most of the time. You just right click the image and click "Download pictures" in order for them to show. If this was an email from Rogers with an order confirmation number, I wouldn't be concerned about this being a hack.   

RogersHassam 

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Hey @skywalker

Very good question. As @RogersMay actually asked, that was the first question that popped in my head when you stated boxes.

If your email receives an unknown sender the images are blocked unless you "accept or allow" it from above.

But an email disappearing all together doesn't happen unless "junk" or "this is junk" is clicked. Which then it will be moved to junk folder.

Was this a new activation? 

You can also call customer service and they can search the order for you.

Phishing can be possible but very rare in your case (virtually non-existent), since you actually did order it and phishing emails can't know that and send an email by coincidence to you about it.

If you deleted it by error or just can't find it anywhere (junk or inbox). calling customer service and having them search your order would work too.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Edit: @RogersHassam - Nice point about Gmail! That could also be the case. Smiley Happy

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for those quick replys. For clarity, the email is not in the junk folder. Also I'm using a MAC OS.  So I'm prepared to accept that this might be a cross-platform error situation. I will try to trace it back through Customer Service. I'm also happy that this is not a reported phising issue with someone spoofing the Rogers interface.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes. Using the Rogers Yahoo email system.
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Also, @skywalker

Customer service can see & resend certain notification you received recently. LiveChat should be able to do the same thing.

And they can also manual search your account. (Assuming you don't know your account number or if this is a new account altogether).
If this is not a new account, provide your account number or another phone number that's already active and they can search details quicker. Just a tip.

Cheers.

Edit:

Oh, and to answer the Topic question.

Nope, not hacked. Smiley Wink