Google Play / Carrier Billing Declined

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Google Play / Carrier Billing Declined

I set up Carrier Billing a while back, and until recently have had no problems.  I have a free version of an app that I'm trying to upgrade & charge to my bill from my mobile device (connected via LTE - NOT on Wifi).

However, I keep getting an error message saying that my method of payment has been declined.  My account is in good standing (paid via automatic bank withdrawal every month), so there should be no reason for it to be declined.  Does anyone know of any policy changes in the last few months that might affect this?

Should I delete the carrier billing option and set it up again?  That's the one thing I haven't tried yet.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Google Play / Carrier Billing Declined

Hello stephen

I had that issues before and i just removed the option and re did it. Worked like a charm. Tried it right now and it works for me!
I'm Here A Lot

Hmm, I'll try it again but it didn't work for me when I tried it.  I removed it from Google Wallet and added it back - maybe it would be better to wait a little longer before re-adding?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello stephen

You can try that but It should work either way. I tried again and it works for me. If this doesn't work, you could try a factory reset on the device to see if that fixes it? 

I'm Here A Lot

Didn't seem to help, and I don't really want to perform a factory reset.  Thanks for the help, either way.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello stephen

Hmm maybe it's something else blocking it which we can't tell or see. Hopefully it works for u!.
I've Been Around

Hi there

I have been a devoted Android user for numerous years and last year when Rogers added carrier billing for Google play in app purchases and paying for apps I was over the moon...

I have used this method at least once a week if not more over the year but yesterday I noticed that when I try to pick Rogers carrier billing to make a purchase it says Device is not Provisioned for carrier billing
I have never had an issue and trust me my wallet can attest to that
Please help

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ppauull

My LG G3 and Note 4 show carrier billing and work just fine as i just tested it. What device do u have?

I Plan to Stick Around

I'd reccomend you call rogers - you may have a premium text message block on the account or a similar block that might prevent you from accepting these charges.  Outside of that make sure your account is not suspended or more than a little past due.  Also depending on what you've done with other apps you may not be able to use the service at the moment - dont quote me on this but I believe Rogers caps carrier billing to ~100 dollars a month.

Bottom line is, call in to Rogers or do their live chat to see whats up.

I've Been Around

been using carrier billing too however it keeps declining me as well I removed it but now it won't let me reactivate
Topic Stats
  • 33 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 13 in conversation