Google Play / Carrier Billing Declined

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Google Play / Carrier Billing Declined

UPDATE: I went out and bought myself a Telus sim card and set up a prepaid account with them this past weekend.

Once all that was completed ( using the same cell phone) I tried to make a purchase on Google Play AND Facebook. BOTH worked perfectly.There was no issues with Telus's Direct Carrier Billing at all.

With that said. I decided today to try my account with Rogers.So I took my Telus sim card out and put my Rogers sim card back in.Tried to make an in game purchase on facebook and got the same bloody error. Does not work yet this is what facebook gave me about that.

We support all of the following carriers in your country using our standard mobile payments checkout experience:

Canada: Bell Mobility, MTS, Rogers Wireless, SaskTel, Telus Mobility, Videotron Wireless, Virgin Canada

If you do not see the information for the country you are looking for, you can view our full list of supported carriers. "

So please explain to me WHY rogers cant fix this or rather why they have no idea what I am talking about when I had no issues with this before????

I'm glad I changed over to Telus.At least they listened and gave me the proper help in regards to the right prepaid plan.THey didnt attempt to sell me anything I did not want ( which is what Rogers Reps do all the time).

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Moojo

Honestly this is something you should ask a manager. You won't get the information on here unfortunately. Maybe it's due to their system or something. Who knows.

You also have to remember not many use this feature and also if nothing has been reported, the reps and techs won't know much on what's going on.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

After many weeks of a run-around with Rogers.I called a third billing number (BOKU) which are the ones that support facebook & Google payment methods.....they (BOKU) told me that rogers does not support prepaid account billing for games. EG-On facebook if someone is playing say, some farm game and they want to purchase a decoration or other item for that game, they click on purchase so much farm cash for so much REAL money and then they will ask which payment method you want to use. On facebook they have it set up the same as google.You can pay via Credit Card or Paypal or use your cell phone account.NOW..I use to do this through my prepaid account.They would (facebook) would text me a link and ask if I still want to make this purchase and I send a reply in the form they ask..in this case it is just sending the letter Y. Once they recieve the text 'Y', it is then verified through facebooks 3rd party (BOKU) for mobile and the item you purchased is deposited into the game you are playing.
Now since they ( BOKU) told me that rogers doesnt support this type of payment any longer, I gave up and went to Telus.
I dont like using credit cards and I prefer not to use paypal neither.So Carrier Billing or Mobile BIlling was the only other good option I had.
Simple and the thing is Rogers didnt understand any of this.Not ONE person I spoke to there understood me. And this use to be allowed once upon a time. So tell me why Rogers employees , ALL OF THEM, INCLUDING TECH SUPPORT, had no clue as to what carrier billing or Direct carrier billing meant when they had it in their system for years????

I've Been Here Awhile

No more mobile billing?

Is that carrier billing no more available for pre-paid subscribers?

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @kelvin123

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

What application are you trying to make a purchase from? Have you verified your top up balance for the purchase?

@RogersPrasana

I've Been Here Awhile

My account balance is enough to pay, but whenever I try to make a purchase inside the games or via google play from my cellphone, it pops up a message 

"Payment unsuccessful.  Message from your mobile service provider. Charge not applied.  Carrier billing unavailable for pre-paid subscribers"

It worked for me many times before.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kelvin123

Have you figured out a way to fix this issue?
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers does not support 3rd party billing anymore or direct billing.

Found that out months ago.

You want to use your phone to play google game apps and make in game purchases with your cell , forget it. Telus is the only one that I know of that still supports 3rd party billing.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mojoo2

Weird i was able to purchase some stuff for the Pokemon game in game purchase and added it on my Rogers Bill.. Been able to do it for Bejeweled and another game as well. I wonder how come some can't but some can. As you can see below, from My Rogers and Google account i am able to still get it.

image.png

image 2.png

I've Been Around

Yes I was having same issue in some of my games and what I found out that some games and apps with in app purchases that the games or apps set a block if you bill to much. But after your bill is payed it usually does let you do