Google Play / Carrier Billing Declined

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Google Play / Carrier Billing Declined

Hello @deathcharge

Hmm again that's weird as all Android devices I have used including my S7 edge workes with carrier billing. Have you called into tech support to see what they can do for you?
I'm Here A Lot

I just started having the same problem. Called Rogers tech support and have to wait until Monday to see if they can resolve the issue.

Google Play has stated that they see the purchases and them being declined and the same was with Facebook as well.

Both suggested contacting the carrier ( Rogers) and check to make sure they dont have a block on my cell number.

I'm thinking I may go with Telus very soon. 😉

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Moojo

Telus and Bell are having the same issues with their customers. I noticed it's something internally in the system which i was told. One of my colleagues at work had the same issue and had to redo his whole account and worked again.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

i think its rogers period. They tried to say they do not accept Direct Carrier 

Billing. Which is not good because i had no issues before April 13 2016. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Moojo

Again it's not just Rogers as u claim. I have seen this happen many times at my work ( Best Buy) and we have contacted the others carriers as well for it.

Again hopefully it gets fixes asap and u guys can enjoy using it. Maybe there is a glitch or issue in the system preventing it.
I'm Here A Lot

What do you mean REDO his whole account?
I'm Here A Lot

It may be a glitch but its taking Rogers Tech ((experts??))) a long time to fix the glitch.

I just spoke to a Telus rep and they havent been having no such problem.I may be going to them for service since 3 Rogers reps I spoke to today didnt understand what I was talking about and hung up on me. So much for respect for Rogers customers.I call that ignorance on their part.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Moojo

They had to take some stuff off and fix it. I wasn't sure what happened as they spoke to the customer but all I know is what the customer told me. " the agent redid my account and it started working a couple minutes after".. Maybe a code? Maybe a change of plan? I'm not to sure as i didn't get into any details with them.
I'm Here A Lot

I think its code. For direct carrier billing I have read online that there is third party codes that are sent out during purchases with cell phones.Especially on Google Play and Facebook.

If in fact there is some kind of coding that is taking place its obviously not being done correctly by the carriers.Everybody gets a piece of the pie so to speak.If you purchase a game or movie from google play and use your cell account to pay for it, they all get a percentage...the carrier,google/facebook and the developer of said app or the movie per say.

Its all about money.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Moojo

Most likely and it's probably a issue with the coding or maybe a disagreement with Google? I doubt that though. We shall see though. Some have it working and some don't.