Gigabit now 30 up instead of 50?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersTony

Re: Gigabit now 30 up instead of 50?

Hello, @itsdjbuddha

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

I can understand how important it is to have faster upload speeds especially if you do a lot of video uploading.

We are constantly improving our network infrastructure and are working towards achieving faster upload speeds. We currently do not have any residential Internet plans with 50 Mbps upload speeds.

If this changes we will ensure that the Community is updated.

RogersTony

ytwytw9
I Plan to Stick Around

Really impressed that my question takes 4 years to get an official answer.

I am really impressed.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ytwytw9 wrote:

Really impressed that my question takes 4 years to get an official answer.

I am really impressed.

Um, post 47 of this thread responded to your question.  That upload speed has also been consistently posted on the Rogers website.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Gigabit-now-30-up-instead-of-50/m-p/411557#M20...

ytwytw9
I Plan to Stick Around

I get that.

But I'm still feeling sad that when I signed up, its 50Mbps upload speed, and now it's downgraded to 30Mbps without notice. 

I have to pay a lot more now to get Rogers Business Internet to access the 50Mbps upload.

Just feel sad

itsdjbuddha
I've Been Here Awhile

@ytwtw9 Not to mention the connection logging and monitoring you get on the business service. Hard pass.
ytwytw9
I Plan to Stick Around

I got discounts on LTE backup with the business service, perfect for bad weather or construction worker cut off the wrong cable. 

Plus more friendly and knowledgeable customer service staff, i will never go back to Rogers Residential services as they just tell me to unplug and replug my modem power cord. 

Kanechart
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi there this is 4 years old and you offered it then removed it from us... I like it back and so would many of us. It's 2021 and you can only offer 30 up? That is quite insane... Will have to start telling people to check out Bell especially businesses for proper upload speeds.
itsdjbuddha
I've Been Here Awhile

Literally cancelling this week.  Bell finished Fibe in my area and I've had it since Tuesday.  No way I'm going back unless Rogers rolls out fibre in a competitive way.  I pay $10 a month and I get 1.5 down & 1 up.  Come on guys, it's gotten ridiculous.

Kanechart
I've Been Here Awhile

Congrats that is Awesome. Were also waiting for Bell to roll it out in our Area soon too.