Gigabit now 30 up instead of 50?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Gigabit now 30 up instead of 50?

@RyzenFX

Before rebooting, its capped at 29.97Mbps for the upload

I do understand in the evening, the congestion could cause lower speed, but it looks like capped at 30M as its so stable that I dont believe its the congestion issue.

of course i tried several rebooting in the evening time, upload speed is very consistent 30Mbps, I think the morning signal is good, then evening signal is bad?! weather? temperature? it should not, right?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ytwytw9 have you been able to chat with tech support regarding the OFDM channel signal level and signal to noise ratio?  

One more item to ask the CSR to check is the current modem provisioning.  It should be provisioned for 1Gb/s down, 50 Mb/s up.  If you haven't called tech support, please add the question to the list, what is the modem currently provisioned for?  It should be as shown above.  If its not, why not becomes the question.  The tech will be able to re-provision the modem at that time.  If you've already chatted with tech support, I'd recommend calling back in to inquire about this.  

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hey @ytwytw9,

Thanks for the prompt response. Your signal levels look to be within spec.  Now that I know of your recent move, I suspect you may be in a location that doesn't support 50Mb upload speed. We'll have to take a closer look at your account.

Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you're online so we can get the ball rolling.

If you're not familiar with our private messaging system, check out our blog.

Cheers,

RogersCilio

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @RogersCilio

Sorry I am busy recently.

From the previous post, since CASA Equipment, i believe it should have 50Mb upload

I have already opened a ticket with customer service.

Hope it could be resolved quickly 

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hey @ytwytw9,

Not a problem. Keep us posted with your ticket. If you want us to look into it, feel free to reach out to @CommunityHelps.

Cheers,

RogersCilio

I'm a Frequent Visitor

Any way to find out if I qualify for the 50mbit upload?

I've got Ignite Gigabit internet; and am in a heavily fibre-laid area. My building has three other providers, all running on Fibre. Naturally; i'm drawn to their higher upload speeds which i've discovered on further research.

I've seen through some online web browsing that there are some customers eligible for a higher upload speed with the Ignite Gigabit service. Is this a myth? Or is this something that could potentially be looked into for me?

Just looking for some feedback from anyone who might know.

Hello @cr15tiano,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! =)

I know how important it is to have fast Upload speeds especially these days with so much high-quality content being streamed often.

Our Ignite Gigabit Internet package is the fastest speed we currently have available for Upload speeds. At the moment 30 Mbps is the limit for that package and it is not possible to get 50 Mbps Upload. We are constantly improving our Cable networks so stay tuned for updates on future changes.

I Hope this helps!

RogersTony

I Plan to Stick Around

As update after several months,

Even My package has 50Mbps upload, currently I am not even get close to 25Mbps of upload

Can someone check again?

And My download speed degraded from 950Mbps to 200Mbps now (wired to desktop with CAT6 cable)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ytwytw9

@ytwytw9 wrote:

As update after several months,

Even My package has 50Mbps upload, currently I am not even get close to 25Mbps of upload

Can someone check again?

And My download speed degraded from 950Mbps to 200Mbps now (wired to desktop with CAT6 cable)

You would need to send a PM to @CommunityHelps so they can check the provisioning on your account. They can also check your signal levels, and see if the slow speed issue affects just your connection, or other people on your Node.