cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gigabit now 30 up instead of 50?

Triple_Helix
I Plan to Stick Around

This is outrageous. http://www.rogers.com/consumer/internet

Gigabit Upload 30Mbps??? From 50Mbps??? It should be more than 100Mbps or even more...... 

***Edited Labels***

58 REPLIES 58

Re: Gigabit now 30 up instead of 50?

Hey @ytwytw9,

Thanks for the prompt response. Your signal levels look to be within spec.  Now that I know of your recent move, I suspect you may be in a location that doesn't support 50Mb upload speed. We'll have to take a closer look at your account.

Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you're online so we can get the ball rolling.

If you're not familiar with our private messaging system, check out our blog.

Cheers,

RogersCilio

ytwytw9
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @RogersCilio

Sorry I am busy recently.

From the previous post, since CASA Equipment, i believe it should have 50Mb upload

I have already opened a ticket with customer service.

Hope it could be resolved quickly 

Hey @ytwytw9,

Not a problem. Keep us posted with your ticket. If you want us to look into it, feel free to reach out to @CommunityHelps.

Cheers,

RogersCilio

cr15tiano
I'm a Frequent Visitor

Any way to find out if I qualify for the 50mbit upload?

I've got Ignite Gigabit internet; and am in a heavily fibre-laid area. My building has three other providers, all running on Fibre. Naturally; i'm drawn to their higher upload speeds which i've discovered on further research.

I've seen through some online web browsing that there are some customers eligible for a higher upload speed with the Ignite Gigabit service. Is this a myth? Or is this something that could potentially be looked into for me?

Just looking for some feedback from anyone who might know.

Hello @cr15tiano,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I know how important it is to have fast Upload speeds especially these days with so much high-quality content being streamed often.

Our Ignite Gigabit Internet package is the fastest speed we currently have available for Upload speeds. At the moment 30 Mbps is the limit for that package and it is not possible to get 50 Mbps Upload. We are constantly improving our Cable networks so stay tuned for updates on future changes.

I Hope this helps!

RogersTony

ytwytw9
I Plan to Stick Around

As update after several months,

Even My package has 50Mbps upload, currently I am not even get close to 25Mbps of upload

Can someone check again?

And My download speed degraded from 950Mbps to 200Mbps now (wired to desktop with CAT6 cable)

gp-se
I'm an Advisor

@ytwytw9

@ytwytw9 wrote:

As update after several months,

Even My package has 50Mbps upload, currently I am not even get close to 25Mbps of upload

Can someone check again?

And My download speed degraded from 950Mbps to 200Mbps now (wired to desktop with CAT6 cable)

You would need to send a PM to @CommunityHelps so they can check the provisioning on your account. They can also check your signal levels, and see if the slow speed issue affects just your connection, or other people on your Node. 

itsdjbuddha
I've Been Here Awhile
Hey sorry to revive such an old thread, but I’m going to ask here.

It’s 2021, Bell is laying Fibe here soon and I’m stuck on 30mbit upload. I do a lot of work with video uploads which take forever on this connection. My 1gbps down /30mbps is running fine- but it hasn’t been enough for my workload for years. Any plans for Rogers to compete or at the very least, is there a way to upgrade to a 50mbps upload? (Without going to Rogers business - that’s a hard pass for me).

Hello, @itsdjbuddha

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

I can understand how important it is to have faster upload speeds especially if you do a lot of video uploading.

We are constantly improving our network infrastructure and are working towards achieving faster upload speeds. We currently do not have any residential Internet plans with 50 Mbps upload speeds.

If this changes we will ensure that the Community is updated.

RogersTony

ytwytw9
I Plan to Stick Around

Really impressed that my question takes 4 years to get an official answer.

I am really impressed.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ytwytw9 wrote:

Really impressed that my question takes 4 years to get an official answer.

I am really impressed.

Um, post 47 of this thread responded to your question.  That upload speed has also been consistently posted on the Rogers website.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Gigabit-now-30-up-instead-of-50/m-p/411557#M20...

ytwytw9
I Plan to Stick Around

I get that.

But I'm still feeling sad that when I signed up, its 50Mbps upload speed, and now it's downgraded to 30Mbps without notice. 

I have to pay a lot more now to get Rogers Business Internet to access the 50Mbps upload.

Just feel sad

itsdjbuddha
I've Been Here Awhile
@ytwtw9 Not to mention the connection logging and monitoring you get on the business service. Hard pass.

ytwytw9
I Plan to Stick Around

I got discounts on LTE backup with the business service, perfect for bad weather or construction worker cut off the wrong cable. 

Plus more friendly and knowledgeable customer service staff, i will never go back to Rogers Residential services as they just tell me to unplug and replug my modem power cord. 

Kanechart
I've Been Here Awhile
Hi there this is 4 years old and you offered it then removed it from us... I like it back and so would many of us. It's 2021 and you can only offer 30 up? That is quite insane... Will have to start telling people to check out Bell especially businesses for proper upload speeds.

itsdjbuddha
I've Been Here Awhile

Literally cancelling this week.  Bell finished Fibe in my area and I've had it since Tuesday.  No way I'm going back unless Rogers rolls out fibre in a competitive way.  I pay $10 a month and I get 1.5 down & 1 up.  Come on guys, it's gotten ridiculous.

Kanechart
I've Been Here Awhile
Congrats that is Awesome. Were also waiting for Bell to roll it out in our Area soon too.