Gigabit now 30 up instead of 50?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Gigabit now 30 up instead of 50?

Hi @Datalink

I moved the modem from One Address to the current address, and at previous address, the upload is fine

I will call a CSR to check and hopefully this could be resolved quickly.

Thanks, 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ytwytw9 when you moved, was the current service installed by a tech, or was it a matter of, "everything was connected", just had be be authorized for your current address?   So, essentially a self install??

One more item to check, when you have time, log into your modem, navigate to the STATUS ...... DOCSIS EVENT page and have a look for one of the following sequences:

a. CMTS-MAC=00:17:10:xx:xx:xx which indicates that you are connected to a Casa Systems Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS), or;

b. any of the following which indicates that you are connected to a Cisco Systems CMTS.

1. CMTS-MAC=00:05:00
2. CMTS-MAC=00:12:43
3. CMTS-MAC=00:14:f1
4. CMTS-MAC=00:1e:be
5. CMTS-MAC=00:1f:ca
6. CMTS-MAC=e0:2f:6d        Note: there may be other Cicso MAC addresses

as well which are not on this list yet.

The Casa Systems CMTS supports gigabit rates, the Cisco CMTS doesn't.  I thought by now that the Cisco CMTS would have been swapped out for the Casa Systems CMTS, but, you never know until you check.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink

It's installed by a tech, 

The modem is behind a 4 port splitter , the splitter source is from the outside wire 

all wires are new from the rogers box to the modem, splitter is new as well. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, please have a look at the note that I added above concerning the Casa and Cisco CMTS equipment.  

When you're able to, assuming that the splitter is inside the house, have a look to see if the modem cable is connected to a port that has a -3.5 dB indication on it.  The other ports should be -7 dB.  Those ports will be used for the Home Phone and Cable TV modems. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Mine is still close to 50Mbps but the Ping is nasty.

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
I Plan to Stick Around

Do you mind if I ask which area are you locating in Toronto?

I was living in Steeles & Don mills and the speed there is good, and now I moved to Mavis & 401, the stability and speed drop lots.
I Plan to Stick Around

Good morning @Datalink

I checked the DOCSIS EVENT and it gives me 
CMTS-MAC=00:17:10:91:05:xx

I guess its the new CASA CMTS

I checked the splitter and all the ports are -3.5db, i didnt see any -7db ports on it

Thanks, 

I Plan to Stick Around

@ytwytw9 wrote:
Do you mind if I ask which area are you locating in Toronto?

I was living in Steeles & Don mills and the speed there is good, and now I moved to Mavis & 401, the stability and speed drop lots.

North end of Oshawa!

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Not familiar with that area but sounds like the population density is much lower than here in Mississauga. 

I just did a speed test AFTER REBOOT THE MODEM and this is what I got 

Definitely there are issues on rogers side, morning result is not consistent with evening result

Maybe there are issues with the modem as well, rebooting can boost up the speed for uploads 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@ytwytw9 What upload speed were you getting before you rebooted?

You also have to take into consideration that during evening hours, many users will be using the Internet in your area which causes your upload speed to lower as a result. Hitting 50Mbps upload will always be much easier to hit during the morning hours when there is less load on neighborhood node than in the evening. 

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats