Getting copy of text message history

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Getting copy of text message history

You may know the right answer, it is possible to obtain record of messages and pictures send over sms on my cell phone for the last 6 month or so? , the messages where delated already.

***Added Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersAli
Retired Moderator

Re: Getting copy of text message history

Hey @barbas,

Hope your day is going great.

Unfortunately, the information pertinent to text messages and MMS are difficult to obtain especially if the information has been deleted.

That being said, If you need the information as evidence in a court case, there is a way for you to obtain a copy of the source numbers.

Following are the requirements to obtain information as evidence in a court case:

•A court order is normally required to get the detailed records.
•Source numbers can be provided for 13 months historically.
•Your lawyer can submit a written request to our legal department, in order to obtain the text message history, within 30 to 60 days.

The other option is to retrieve information if you have a back up set up on your device.

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. Thanks.

RogersAli

I've Been Around

I called in mid July 2016 and requested text from a man who assaulted me on July 16, 2016. You told me that a court order was needed but you know the police don’t act that fast. Who can I talk to about getting my transcripts. It’s of vital importance.

Hello @LeanneTaylor,

Thank you for joining the Rogers Community.

I'm truly sorry to hear about what happened to you. We most certainly want to help you.

With regards to text messages detail records, we cannot provide the content of text messages.

For incoming text messages history, a court order is definitely required.

I can only imagine how trying it must have been to go through such an ordeal.

Unfortunately, I need to let you know that these records are only available for 13 months.

Pertaining to your particular situation, law enforcement can potentially contact us on your behalf to request some of the data that may still be available, at this time.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude