Getting copy of text message history

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Where there are two people on the same Rogers account, with different cell phones and numbers, is it possible to get a copy of the other user's text message history?  Will Rogers provide that information?  Does anyone know?  Thanks.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Getting copy of text message history

Even if you are the account owner as a whole, and the other text is just a family members..

Generally.. NO.  Its a breach of privacy, etc.  I dont thing generally you can even get a list of your own.
Usually the only instances where they do, is upon court order for an investigation, etc.

You can call in an ask, but i dont think that you will likely get it.. sorry 😞

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks.  That is what my gut tells me too, but I wanted to see if anyone else has run into this before. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Can text message history be viewed on the cell phone itself?  a BB Z10?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Only if that 'session' has not been deleted/closed.  Once its closed.. its gone.

(i have an iphone mind you, but i just never close those message threads.. then can ALWAYS reference back to old texts, etc).

I've Been Here Awhile

not looking promising!  But thanks for your replies.

Rogers Employee grandpajim
Rogers Employee

The short answer is No.

Rogers does not keep a log of SMS (text) content. it is a violation of privacy laws.
It may be possible with a court order but I don't believe the messages are saved on the server so even with a court order it is unlikely. A court order likely would only grant access to the SMS history on the phone.

I've Been Here Awhile

Just the government can access your files. All of them, anytime...
I've Been Around

I am currently in a court case and I need to retreive a text conversation between myself and the person I am taking to court. Is there any way I can get this text history?

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Does your phone not keep all texting, or do you delete it? Or do texts automatically get deleted after a certain time? I don't text a lot and and all the ones I haven't deleted are still there.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario