Getting continual Annoying phone calls from Rogers Communicationa

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Getting continual Annoying phone calls from Rogers Communicationa

I don't mind telling you that I am having a hard time finding my way around all these systems,so I never know who I am talking to ,whether they be Rogers employees or experts who say they are not Rogers employees.One person asked what they said when I answered the phone.I have never answered the phone because with call display,if I don't recognize the number, or they don't leave a message, then I never know who called.These two numbers generally do not leave a message,but on occasion they say they represent Rogers Communications and that it is not a sales or soliciting call, but an urgent matter.One did mention the need to arrange an appointment to pick up equipment, which I don't have.They keep calling my phone number , the only one that I have ever had for about 40 years.They say that the message is for a ----- -----,(won't put name) but the surname is mine and the first name happens to be my middle name, which I never normally use.However, this matter should be resolved by Rogers, because how else would these people have any information to work with unless Rogers had solicited their services.Now, sooner or later anyone that I communicate with on this site is going to have to address this issue with some level of Management at Rogers because I will  not let up, or I will drop Rogers altogether.I sent in account info to someone yesterday because they were going to check my account.I can tell you that Rogers has been getting paid by automatic payments monthly, and any equipment that I have is paid for monthly.This is a Royal Mess and I would eventually like an explanatioin from someone as to why an Outfit, representing Rogers Communications has been hounding me for such a lengthy time.One person said that it may be a previous tenant or holder of my phone number.That is false because I have always had this number (40+ years) and as far as address, have been here 35 years, long before I dealt with Rogers.I don't know where I will get my answer from, but it was obviously started by Rogers for someone to say they represent Rogers Communication.Maybe I will have to approach John Tory, if he is still a member of Rogers.

I'm a Senior Advisor

How about Goldhawk Fights Back?

http://www.zoomerradio.ca/category/shows/goldhawk-fights-back/

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

That was not very nice.Why can you not use your position to resolve it within Rogers?

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

@TJP1942

We have escalated your issue and have informed you via Private Message, after you posted your concerns last night.

I assure you we will get to the bottom of this issue for you.

RogersAsif

I Plan to Stick Around

Can I hold you to that statement? They have already called again today.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@TJP1942 wrote:

That was not very nice.Why can you not use your position to resolve it within Rogers?

OKay, I'm not letting this pass.

I'll be very clear about us Resident Experts and our position at Rogers - quite simply, we don't have one.

We have no special access to anybody at Rogers.  We're not Rogers employees.  We aren't customer service agents.  We have no access to Rogers billing systems.  We can't access anybody's account information.

We're just regular Rogers customers with too much time on our hands who were frequent contributers to this community, who tended to try to help people before they had to call customer service.

Retired Moderator

@TJP1942

Please continue to ignore the calls from the Collection Company we are in the process of getting the calls to stop. You may receive a call from an official Rogers Representative looking to resolve this for you.

If you are not comfortable picking up numbers that you are not aware of the representative should leave a voicemail with a call back number.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Thanks,

Asif

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks.That's clear now.So why do so many of you get involved in an issue that is obviously out of your hands if you have no access to any data.Surely you must know when the issue is outside of your capability to give advice.Thanks anyway, because I was not aware of your positions.

I Plan to Stick Around

That is all very well, but that is exactly what this outfit has been doing, calling on behalf of Rogers and leaving a phone number .You know yourself that all kinds of people are doing all kinds of things like that over the phone, the Internet.It has got to the point that you never know who to trust any more.The best way would obviously be an email with all the facts stated as to what went on and what is being done.That way I have a documented printout to fall back on.Thank you.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator

@TJP1942

The Rogers Community is user to user forum. We encourage all members to contribute in discussions. As this a public board, when you post your questions they are open for discussions amongst other Community members.

If you were looking to submit a formal complaint the correct place to submit it would be our "Share a Concern" page.

At this point the Rogers Community Forums team is already in touch with you, and we hope this is resolved for you as soon as possible.

RogersAsif