cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting charged for ignite internet even though haven’t even used it!

ShreAk
I've been here awhile

Hi,
I had taken a Ignite home internet subscription in 2021 and cancelled it within a week and returned all equipment immediately owing to issues of network in my area for Rogers. I have been charged 83 dollars for nothing and I am getting reminders every month and now even phone calls. If I haven’t even installed the service , why would I be charged!? I have been chasing customer service and live agents and all I am hearing is it’s a setup charge which is valid. But I never set up this internet at home then why would I pay for this service??

**Labels Added**

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Getting charged for ignite internet even though haven’t even used it!

RogersJo

Greetings @ShreAk!

A warm welcome to the community and congrats on your first post with us! 🙌 We're sorry to hear about the network issues you were experiencing and we're sad to see you go.

We do have a 30-Day Satisfaction Gurantee Policy and to be eligible for a refund, customers must cancel the service within the first 30 days from the 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee start date, depending on how you received your equipment. I just have a few questions for you to get this ironed out.

When did you request to activate your service and what date did you request to have it canceled?

Do you have the receipt for the equipment return?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

RogersJo 

ShreAk
I've been here awhile
Hi Jo,

To answer your questions:

When did you request to activate your service and what date did you request to have it canceled? Service was registered on 29th Oct 2021 and it was canceled on 10th Nov 2021

Do you have the receipt for the equipment return?
Yes I have the email that says equipment has been received

I am trying to understand why was I charged if I cancelled within the 30 days and didn’t even install the services.

Looking forward for some concrete answers.

Thanks and regards,
Shreya

Thank you for clarifying @ShreAk!

In order for us to provide a solution to you, we'll need to gather your account information before we can launch an investigation into this charge.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation