Found a phone!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Found a phone!

Hi,

I recently found a phone in the street, with a Rodgers SIM Card in it. Can Rodgers help me find the owner?
I just want to return it.

Thanks,
John

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Found a phone!

Hello Jluke

This is something i have never seen on here!. You can contact Rogers & see if they can locate the owner buy doing a search with the IMEI number or the Sim card number. This may not work as everyone thinks but give it a try tho

You can go to the store, explain that you found it & want to return it to the owner. Most store reps tho will do nothing & tell you to keep it. Reason being as Rogers like other carriers may not be able to locate the owner as the info such as the IMEI number & sim card number can not be given out unless the owner is present & there. Also if you will be going to the store, & they tell you they found the person, make sure the rep is actually looking for the person as most of the times, if its a expensive phone or a phone they like, the reps will claim they will contact the owner & give it to them but actually keep it for them selfs.

Sadly tho, Rogers nor any other carrier will give you or anyone else the persons contact number or info. Reason being as a security risk. Therefor you may be out of luck.

Give it a try & see.

Retired Moderator RogersRavi
Retired Moderator

If you have a Rogers Retail store nearby you can just drop by and let them know so they contact the rightful owner.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello RogersRavi

It does not work that way tho most of the times.. Me & my buddies found a iPhone last year. WE decided to take it back to the Rogers store BUT we marked the phone to see IF the store would give it back. Sadly one of your Rogers location ( In Toronto) never gave it back & a rep of the store had it weeks later.  Also reading around on the internet, i have seen many people claim the same thing as well.

This needs to be changed. Store reps are known not to give the phone to the owner & just keep them. Rogers needs to get a program where we are able to mail in the phone to Rogers or have a Rogers manager at the store take the phone & have us sign a paper saying we are giving the phone with the S/N on it that we gave it to the store & we found it. This way the reps can not take the phone.

Retired Moderator RogersRavi
Retired Moderator

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion will certainly pass it along internally.

In the meantime maybe you can directly ask for the manager and let them know about the situation so they can work with you and notify you if and when the phone has been returned. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello RogersRavi

That sounds a great Idea as well. Hopefully to store manager does call & tells you that they gave the phone to the owner.
I Plan to Stick Around

Do you know which phone it is and are you able to power it up...maybe find a phone number inside of it to call someone and let them know...hey i found a phone that belongs to someone that you know.
My boyfriend lost his iPhone 4S right around that time and has never heard anything...wondering where you found it and if it has a case on it.
I've Been Around

I just lost my phone, its a corby pro, and yhe person can simply open it and go tru contacts,

and the strange thing is when i call my no, she/he never answers! do u think they are using the phone for any purpose? have any idea?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello baran123

If the phone is still ringing and no one is picking up, that means no one has it yet and it's either lost somewhere or something. Usually when someone finds a phone and picks it, they remove the sim card and restore the phone if it has no pass code or password.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have found 2 or 3 phones in the past, and every time ive found it, ive called rogers (because they were rogers phones and had a rogers sim card)  and told them I am NOT a wireless customer, but Found a phone with a sim card, I gave them the IMEI number, the SIM Card ICCID Number, and told them Where I found the phone, and the nearest Roger's store where I can drop it off so the customer can pick it up later on.   and The Rep on the phone was Fabulous, he took the time out of his job to look up the customer based on the serial numbers i gave him, he left a detailed note on the customers account that someone found the lost phone and returned it to such and such store, and he also made every attempt to reach the rightful owner at any known contact number they have on file for this customer,  and guess what? they were succesful in most cases to call the customer back, and the time where they were not succesfull to call the customer back, they left a detailed note incase the customer called in to rogers and they were succesful in letting the customer know. I know because the employees at the Rogers store recognise me as a long time customer, and told me the news that the owners have picked up their phone and passed a message along to me that said "thank you so much for finding my phone"    i feel good knowing someones property was returned to them rightfully.  I also have heard horror stories of disgruntled employees stealing the phones and using it themself for personal use, so when i bring the phone to the store, i tell the rogers guy theres already a note on this persons file that im returning the phone to this store, that way it kind of scares the employee from trying to use it for themself.