cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Former Employee Discount

dionnelr
I've been here awhile

Hello everyone. Hoping someone can help me with my problem. I used to be a Rogers employee and left the company in 2022. Recently, I got an email that my 30% 24-month Appreciation Discount has been changed to a 30% Appreciation Discount without a predetermined date but when I received my bill, it was only applied to half of my services (all my services used to receive the discount before the email). How do I get the discount applied to all my services again (the terms and conditions of the discount are still met)?

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Former Employee Discount

RogersZia

Hello @dionnelr and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I'll be happy to clarify the program details for you. The 30% discount applies to the monthly service fee of your plan and appears on your bill as Appreciation Discount.

Which one of your services is missing the discount? Just as an FYI, the discount is not compatible with additional lines or services activated after the discount is first applied.

Please let us know if the above info explains the charges and credits as they appear on your latest invoice.

RogersZia

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

RogersZia

Hello @dionnelr and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I'll be happy to clarify the program details for you. The 30% discount applies to the monthly service fee of your plan and appears on your bill as Appreciation Discount.

Which one of your services is missing the discount? Just as an FYI, the discount is not compatible with additional lines or services activated after the discount is first applied.

Please let us know if the above info explains the charges and credits as they appear on your latest invoice.

RogersZia

dionnelr
I've been here awhile
Hi Zia,

2 of my cellphone lines and my data line did not receive the discount. These lines were already receiving the discount previously, until the term of the Appreciation Discount changed.

Hi @dionnelr,

Thank you for your follow-up post with the additional information. The discount should remain active for you as long as you are on an eligible plan. The discount will fall off if you do make any plan changes to one that is ineligible.

If everything has remained the same, then please feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps to look into this further for you. For more information on how our private messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Regards
RogersJermaine

snorlax
I plan to stick around

Hi dionneir,

I got the same email you did for my fido accounts.  I was also a former employee and when they changed the discount from 2 year former employee discount to appreciation discount with no end date they also dropped the discount from 4 of my 6 eligible lines.  I did get them restored but it took 3 months to sort it all out.  My question for you is did the appreciation discount apply to your Rogers TV services specifically ignite TV and its associated ignite internet or was it only for cellphone services.  Thanks

How can get this discount applied to my account, I worked for Rogers 30 years, and retired in 2018 Mar. I had two year discount but is removed now in 2020.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

your lucky, some people left rogers over a decade ago and their employee discount got removed right away. 

rick777
I've been here awhile
So to clarify when a Roger’s employee leaves their discount on cell services and ignite internet and TV goes down from 50% to 30%? Please clarify . Thank you

Good day @rick777,

Thank you for your post!

Eligible former employees losing their 50% employee discount will receive an ongoing 30% ‘Appreciation Discount’ on their Rogers services once the 50% employee discount is removed.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

snorlax
I plan to stick around
Thank you RogersMaude for a clear answer. Rogers only sent an email about my FIDO account. Nothing about my Rogers services. Good to know the ongoing appreciation discount applies to my Rogers services as well.

Xtech
I've been around
Hello all. I am a retired field technician 1989 - 2021. I am having difficulty benefiting from my continued retiree discount. I have had tickets opened and closed without resolution.

Good morning @Xtech,

Thank you for posting to the Community about your situation. This does not seem right!

I would like the opportunity to take a deeper look into this. In order to investigate things further, we'll need access to your account. 

Feel free to send us a private message at @CommunityHelps when you can. To learn more on how to send us a PM, take a look at this blog

I'm confident we'll have the ability to rectify the problem once and for all. Thanks!

RogersMaude

danno100
I plan to stick around

Ya I got screwed there. Got 50% 2 years, 30% 2 years ,now nothing!! Anyone retired after July 2020 now gets 30% for life. Not FAIR!!!!

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 in conversation