Flex Tab/ Early Upgrade

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Flex Tab/ Early Upgrade

Ok so I want to upgrade my phone form a blackberry bold 9900, to iPhone 5,

Im not 100% sure what a flex tab is

when I got to my flex tab it like $287.xx

and it says it used for upgrading phones?

But when i go to device eligibility and pick the phone i want it says like

229 for the phone and 337 early upgrade fee. soo like idk what the flex tab does can some one please help.

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Flex Tab/ Early Upgrade

The flex tab, when you got your last phone, they have you a hardware credit on the phone. (This is assuming you were on the flex on your 9900, and not that it was a reg contract) how long ago did you get the 9900?

You would have to pay the hardware credit back if on the flex, or the ecf if on a contract, first, before upgrading to the new device, where you'll have to pay the new phone subsidized price (an you get a new flex tab)

If the site is giving you some conflicting info, might be best to call in and inquire what they show for you.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, I have checked my Flex Tab online and my balance show $0.00 and says I can upgrade anytime. I call Rogers to check on upgrade and they say I am not eligible to upgrade, very confused. I am a Rogers Business client for over 10 years and would really like the new Blackberry Z10.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

With the flex you should alway be able to, no matter when, as long as you pay off the hardware subsidy, if there is any left.
The rep should have at lead said no you can't upgrade right now unless you pay X amount if there was any.

I think you may have got a bad rep, I would try another call, or go into a store and see what they can pull up.

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers still uses both measures in their systems, however if you have a flex tab (I.e Signed a contract after January 2012) you will be charged the EHUP Fee and credited the difference between the EHUP and the flex tab. E.G $200 EHUP, 150 flex tab remaining. In this case you would see a charge of $200, with a credit of $50 on your next bill. I Hope this Helped you out 🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

If your last upgrade was before Jan 2012 you fall under the old early upgrade calculation. If it was after Jan 2012 then the flex tab calculation applies.

I've Been Here Awhile

Flex Tab/ Early Upgrade

On my tab, it says I have 12 months to go and around $50 to pay off. Does that mean I have to pay off just $50, or is there something calculation with the 12 months I have to work out? (for context I bought the iPhone 5 2 years ago back when 3 year contracts were the norm).

It looks something like this

Months Remaining in FLEXtab Agreement:

12 Months

FLEXtab Balance*:
$50.00
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Flex Tab/ Early Upgrade

Hello tomek

That means your upgrade fee aka cancellation fee is $50. Lets say you get a iPhone 5S for $100 th.e upgrade is $50 & then your months bill. So to upgrade to the iPhone is $150 + your months bill all together.

I've Been Around

Hi

So basically I broke my iphone 4s a few days ago and am looking into getting the new iphone 6.

I was looking at my flex tab and it has a balance of 170 on it. Would I have to pay the 173 AND the price of the phone 

on the day that I go in and get my phone? OR does it come on my next billing cycle? so confused.

thanks 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ndaavis

Nope you do not. It all gets billed into ur next month's invoice. You don't pay anything at the store when doing a upgrade

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 in conversation