First foray into 4K with Rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: First foray into 4K with Rogers

@Square wrote:

I have the VIP TV package.

That is what I have. It's an awesome legacy package. The only one more awesome would have been VIP Ultimate. As far as I can see there are only two 4K channels, 987 and 992, which is pay per view. I don't know if you can add those to VIP. You would have to switch to one of the new packages to do that and lose most of the channels you have with VIP.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Square

1. If you already subscribe to the (sports) channels that you wish to see in 4K in your current package, then, I believe, all you'll need to pay is the $10/month, which is waived for the first year.  However, see point 4.

2. If you do not subscribe to those sports channels (SportsNet, TSN), then you'll have to first subscribe to those sports channels in your package and then pay the $10/mo (waived for first year). 

3. I'm not sure about how the 4K  movie channel works - if they're PPV, then you PPV.

4. If you're currently on a VIP package, that is no longer available, and you'll need to purchase the new package that you want, which will cost you more and get you fewer channels.  I'm sticking to my VIP Ultimate for as long as I can.  I believe they will not add the 4K option to a grandfathered package, so you need to renegotiate "everything".

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@OLDYELLR @57

Thank you for the info.  Ya, sounds like I should stick with out 4K.  Maybe I will renegotiate after Rogers releases the IPTV Box.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi I was wondering if 4k programming is available in Mount Pearl , Newfoundland ?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Chummy : According to the following FAQ, second dropdown, it's only available in Ontario where there are "Technicolor/Cisco/SA" Boxes. The Motorola areas (Atlantic Canada, Hamilton) do not seem to have 4K at this time.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/nextbox-4k-pvr-faqs

Only residents of Ontario (excluding Hamilton) are able to purchase/rent and use the NextBox 4K PVR.

This information is somewhat dated, but I don't believe I've seen anything about 4K in Atlantic Canada. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

i added a 4k box to second room on dec16, 2017 i thought 4 k programming was inculed i have all three rogers services preimer tv package with tmn hbo tmn encore holly wood suite i have home phone  500 ignite internet unlimted  i been with rogers sice 2005  when will be a free preveiw for 4 k movies on channel 993 i want to see all the hype about watching movies in 4k

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There is only 8 or 9 channels in 4k right now according to Rogers: https://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv/4k

perhaps one of them will interest you? as for the other chanenls in your package, none of them broadcast in 2160p at this time

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@timaitchison wrote:

i added a 4k box to second room on dec16, 2017 i thought 4 k programming was inculed i have all three rogers services preimer tv package with tmn hbo tmn encore holly wood suite i have home phone  500 ignite internet unlimted  i been with rogers sice 2005  when will be a free preveiw for 4 k movies on channel 993 i want to see all the hype about watching movies in 4k

I and others have responded to your various posts which all say roughly the same thing.  I don't know what you want because just because you're a good, long term customer, the 4K offerings are not going to change.  There are some 4K preview channels for you to view for free.