File a formal complaint

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

File a formal complaint

I feel your pain. I've had nothing but ongoing hardward problems since I came back to Rogers about 14 months ago. Additionally, I had ongoing problems with Rogers staff, even in upper management where they say I could do something and then I find out that I can't. Additionally, I had one upper management to provide a full refund when a previous upper management said I would. They refused to look further into it and only offer part refund just based on an assumption. I did not accept so he took even part of a refund off the table. Because of that and his refusal to look further into it, I ask to talked to someone else and he said NO, and that there will be no further descussions on this topic and it is close so you need to pay the full amount. I said "Fine, I will just hang up and talk to someone else in management about it. I did that and they looked at the follow up notes and did in fact see the notes specifying that I would get a FULL refund on the exchange. And they refunded me. I just came on the forums today to see if I can find some info on how to make an official complaint of this guy in upper management. If I cannot find a way to make a complaint soon, I will take my complaint to the media -- easy for me since I was in that industry for years. Although I did get the refund, I never did get any of the phones that I was originally offered (for a price). I had settled on a used replacement iPhone 5 with 8gig over the iPhone 5s 32gig (or nokia 1020 32gig) Considering all this, I will be running away from Rogers (and fido) and moving to a different provider when my contract ends.

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re:File a formal complaint

Hello VeganMan

Unfortunately there isn't any way on here to get someone from head office or anything. This is a User to user forum. If u want to make a complaint, you can contact Rogers via Live Chat, Facebook and Twitter @RogersHelps. They can help u more.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re:File a formal complaint

Hello VeganMan

Unfortunately there isn't any way on here to get someone from head office or anything. This is a User to user forum. If u want to make a complaint, you can contact Rogers via Live Chat, Facebook and Twitter @RogersHelps. They can help u more.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: File a formal complaint

Don't worry all they do is lie to me as well. and of course they NEVER have a record of what their employees promise (ie lie) people to get them to buy more stuff.   Horrible customer service.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello steve3

You can always ask the rep to leave a detailed note on your account of each thing they tell u. Then ask for the interaction number for the note on your account. This way they will know what the rep said. All carriers are like this unfortunately
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There may be good reps and bad reps.

Like meowmix said.. when you call in, get a transaction/incident/interaction #.
This is a reference to what was done on that 'session'.

If you feel that stuff was not done correctly, give a call back in later, and ask the next rep to pull up the #, and make sure that everything was done correctly.

You will find this, at every company unfortunately (seen it at multiple others).

Best thing is keep on your toes, inquire and ask questions, have them double check, repeat, etc.
Check your account settings after the change imediately (well sometimes within a few hours) for the changes to show up.

Call back to confirm set right.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Steve try and keep in mind, no one at Rogers would flat out lie to a customer, if you misunderstood something or regret changing to something you don't entirely like it isn't fair to lash out at the company. Everyone needs to be responsible for reading details and understanding all  fees.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello BSJxKingslayer

I wouldn't say they dont flat out lie. They do & many of us have caught them in many ways. I have had reps lie & give false info to me & my family many times & caught them & spoke to their managers, Its the fact the reps shoulnd't be giving out wrong info.

I do agree. The customer should always understand all the fees & read all the details on the contract. The rep should also explain the fees & details to the customer as well. I have seen alot of reps not only with Rogers but with most companies i have been with not read the fees / details to them in which the customer then gets told " You did not read it, its your fault" type of a sentence.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

As a past rogers customer who is dealing with issues with a final bill , i feel your pain.
First off if you have been dealing with upper management , you would be at tier 3 , you should be getting all names and id numbers from each person you talk to . Second off , do not say you can bring this to the media.. even if you work for global tv or the toronto sun , you aren';t getting a prime time or front page. Take the anger out constructively.
As you got the refund , there is no issue , outside of getting the run around. When your contract ends , leave , and realize its no better anywhere else.
Your lucky you at least got your issue resolved.
That or goto the BBB , and file a complaint and make a complaint with the office of the president.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Contact the Office of the President  You can only get a fax number. Rogers is the master of gate keeping. Anytime you speak to mnagement they will do whatever they can to transfer you to so many different managers and departments and tell you they dont have anyway to contact them. The love to push you to the rentention office so that you think they are doing something for you. I always take their name and ID # so that when my complaint finallys gets to The Office Of the President they can then deal with those people accordingly. Write everything down what they say and who said it.

I have had very successful outcomes with The Office of the President. Just the hassle of getting to them could have taken hours fooling around through transfer here and there until you get it.  

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@Meowmix: Many reps may give incorrect information, but it may be because they DON'T KNOW (not that they flat out lie). This is a training issue in this case.