Employee Line Transfer - Subsidy Charged?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Employee Line Transfer - Subsidy Charged?

Hi,

I have an employee plan with Rogers. The number currently used is a number that needs to be moved out to another provider due to a family member changing jobs and requiring to keep that number. In this case, the number would have to be ported out only, because I have another unlocked phone and number that would assume the employer plan and phone purchased on that employee plan. Therefore NO device change.

I have been told that if you transfer the number, that the subsidy charge still applies, even though keeping the same phone and same plan with rogers, just swapping the numbers. I am missing something here?

if we can physically prove that the device is not leaving Rogers, and the employee plan is staying in place, why is the subsidy charge applying? There is no cancellation of a plan occurring. 

Hoping to get some kind of insight into why porting in/out a number acts as if a plan is being cancelled hence dinging the long term plan holder with the charge. Thank you!!

***Added Labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Employee Line Transfer - Subsidy Charged?

Hello @mdominion23

If you are transferring a line from Rogers to another carrier, the live and account will be cancelled on Rogers end. This will cause the remaining device balance owing on that account to be charged.

Unfortunately this happens with all carriers no matter who u are with. Transferring a phone number from one company to another will cause the like to be cancelled on Rogers end and charge you the remaining balance and final bill.

You can contact Rogers and speak to a representative or a manager if you like and they can explain it to you as well.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for your reply meoxmix.

However, I do not want to cancel the account. This is where I am confused. There is no cancellation of the account that I want. Please see my steps below:

1) Transfer an outside BELL NUMBER (unlocked) to ROGERS EMPLOYEE PLAN ACCOUNT to have two numbers

2) Since there are now two lines on the account, the original line from ROGERS employee move to another phone/provider, and BELL transfer in NUMBER (now Rogers Employee Plan) takes over.

3) Therefore, transfer in number remains on corporate plan.

Is the above possible? Can i still keep a plan regardless if subsidy charged or not?? Can the account not stay opened as i want to keep it or only tied to the original number in which the plan was opened?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mdominion23

Once again. If you transfer any line to another carrier from Rogers let's say to Bell, you have to pay the device balance off in order to do this. This is a normal standard practice with all carriers.

When you signed up with Rogers, you got a phone correct? You paid a portion of the phone upfront and the remaining balance would decrease each month. Now you want to transfer that line which you got the phone with to another carrier and that creates a fee to pay off the remaining device balance.

This happens with all carriers. You can't just move one line to Bell but bring another one over and not pay the remaining balance u have with Rogers on the device. No one does that.

You have to call into Rogers and speak to a manager and they can explain all this with you and go with u over the steps. Have them note the account and give u the Interaction ID number for that note as well.