Edge tab plan query

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Edge tab plan query

I purchased a s10 plus on a edge40 tab with 50gb data.
Can I later switch to 10 or 20 Gb?
Or get the 20 dollars is calling included plan in the future? While on contract?

*Added Labels*

Re: Edge tab plan query

Hello, @parthvipin.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😀

Congratulations on getting S10 plus on Rogers Infinite +50 Edge 40 tab! Hopefully, you are enjoying both the device and the Infinite plan. If your data usage needs changes, then you can surely switch to Infinite +20/+10 Edge 40 tab. 

Thank you for joining the Community!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just to get a bit of clarification.. for myself as well to make sure I am correct in how things are.

With the newest tabs, they are separated from the plans, etc?
So your choosing your plans, then you depending on the device you get, its value is then spread out over the two you term?  (lets say it breaks down to $40/m)
So you can then change your plan UP/DOWN with no penalties/limitations at all, as you would be paying the $40 one way or the other.

I've Been Around

Yes and no. What you are describing is Edge Financing. What OP is asking is regarding Edge Tabs. They're similar but also different.

Edge Tabs replaced the older Premium, Premium Plus, and Premium Ultra plans. Now they are called Edge20, Edge30, and Edge40. Each tier has three different data buckets (10/20/50GB). You can go up and down the data buckets at anytime as long as you stay in the same tier.

So for OP, yes you can change your plan and get less or more data as long as you stay on Edge40 Tab.

Afternoon @Gdkitty,

A tab is linked to the device subsidy. The higher the tab, the lower the upfront cost. If you switch from a higher tab to a lower one, the remaining device balance will be charged on the next invoice. You do have the option to change the data included in your plan within the same tab (i.e switch from a 10GB Edge 20 Tab plan to 20GB Edge 20 Tab plan or vice versa). 

What you maybe referring to in your post is Edge Financing. Edge Financing allows you to finance any device (i.e. phones, tablets, smartwatch, etc.) with equal monthly payments over 24 months. Edge Financing customers can switch from one Rogers Infinite plan to another without any changes to the financing agreement or monthly device costs. 

Hope this helps 🙂.

RogersZia