Early Cancellation Fee

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Early Cancellation Fee

hi, 

im helping my mom cancel her plan, she is moving and needs to terminate her contract. this is rathwr sudden after getting the contract so i need some help making sure i can calculate the fees correctly. 

she owns her phone so there isnt anything to pay off there. she actually just got a 2 year plan with rogers less than a month ago, the $50 a month plan. so there is nearly the entire 2 years left. how much are we going to end up paying to cancel. again its just the plan.

thank you

*** Added Labels ***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Early Cancellation Fee

Hello @bparks

Unfortunately we cant calculate that her as we don't have the information but u can call in and ask as they will tell you the final price or u can contact @CommunityHelps and they will assist you with it 🙂
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hi @bparks,

Welcome to the Community Forums! 

I’d like to help in getting your issue resolved. Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks for jumping in @Meowmix,

Thank you, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello, I am currently on a 2-year plan with $410ish left to pay on my FLEXTab.  Question is if I pay off the total of my FLEXTab - am I able to cancel my wireless account even though Im on a 2 year contract?  I keep getting harassed by people that I dont know - but probably do, and have even tried to change my number multiple times over the years - but that hasnt helped either.  I also dont have anyone elses numbers no more and dont socialize with anyone so there is no need for my wireless account anymore.  I believe I know the answer to this question Im asking - but would like to confirm.  Thanks in advance.

Hi @bluebirdkv,

Welcome to the Community!

You can pay off your FLEXTab anytime you want. The FLEXTab amount (+ applicable taxes) can either be paid with a credit card at the time of your request, or charged to your next invoice. Once you've paid off the FLEXTab your line is month to month. You can cancel the line anytime you'd like. 

If you're concerned about receiving calls from certain numbers you can block the numbers through your device as well. 

Hope this helps 🙂

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

Okay thank you for the information.  I would block the numbers that keep harassing me - but its usually always a different number and it causes me paranoia and anxiety in regards to who is sending them and in general.  I decided Im not going to pay off my FLEXTab right now - and just continue with it month-to-month.   I did however remove my SIM card and deleted network settings as to not receive anymore texts or calls.  Like stated before I dont really communicate with anyone else - so my phone is mostly used to listen to music.  You guys should improve your caller ID as well - so when someone from Rogers is calling someone it says Rogers or something along those lines instead of unknown number - would help in regards to fraud.  Happy new year as well.

I've Been Around

I am thinking of cancelling both my wireless contacts. How much is the fee?

Good afternoon @NotHappyOnBit,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

Sad to know you're looking to part ways with us. I would have to review your account to see what the cancellation fee for each line is. Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and I'd be happy to complete the request for you.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

RogersZia