EXTRA OUTLET FEE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

EXTRA OUTLET FEE

I have a main TV and two extra TVs. I am renting Nextbox HD box for $12.95 a month for one additional TV and free adaptor for the second additional TV. I was told that extra outlet fee is only $7.49 for up to 4 additional TVs, but I have been charged $14.98 as extra outlet fee. Is it a mistake or rip off?

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: EXTRA OUTLET FEE

When was the additional outlet added?

I ask because $14.98 is double what the outlet cost normally is, and if the outlet was added onto the account after your last bill was printed, the charge would need to cover the two months you had it up to that point.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @THAMUN

Thank you for your patience and welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

I understand the frustration we can definitely look into your concerns, I've already sent you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks!

RogersArthur

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Waiting for answer. Thanks.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

When was the additional outlet added?

I ask because $14.98 is double what the outlet cost normally is, and if the outlet was added onto the account after your last bill was printed, the charge would need to cover the two months you had it up to that point.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Glad to see I was able to help.

Cheers.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

How many tv outlets are you allowed before being charged for an extra one?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

In the notes on services in the fine print - for the starter package it appears that you pay for each one past 1, the other packages are 4 and have always been 4 for as long as I can remember, but you also need a terminal for each one too.

@commnityhelps can probably look directly at your packages if you contact them and tell you, or could probably clarify on the current charges for extra outlets.

I do know from being a nosy neighbour, watching Rogers techs do their work, they usually have a four - allows for 3 cable outlets, and they split somewhere for the fouth and one for internet and I was told years ago that they prefer to have a dedicated line for the Internet, and then they split off that same line for home phone if all ports on the splitter are in use.

Bruce