E-mail to Text (SMS)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: E-mail to Text (SMS)

so are the @sms.roger.com or @mms.roger.com working or not? I need this service to get alerts from cameras and sensors, as the @pcs.rogers.com requires me to text back yes to read there message.

If this is the case ill half to change carriers I guess.

I've Been Here Awhile

No, their @sms one no longer works.

I worked around it by having Nagios send email to a separate gmail account (and sync that on my phone), and had gmail forward it to @pcs. That way the text alerts me, and I can then read the email in the mail client. Reading email via their gateway is pretty bad, but it functions as an alerting mechanism which is all I personally really need it for.

Still pretty hacky though, it'd be nice if they brought the @sms one back.

(It'd also be nice if the forum software didn't delete @sms every time I edit the message...)
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers email to SMS (xxxxxxxxxx@pcs.rogers.com) gateway is not always reliable.  A few weeks ago I spent more than 45 minutes on the phone with technical services because email coming from certain smtp provider were not getting through the gateway.  At the end, I was told that they had made a server change the previous weekend (something related to IP V6) and they were thinking it came from that.  Something like the changes had not yet completely propagated.  I had reservation, but they would not escalate the ticket saying that there was nobody they could transfer me too. Anyway the service started working a 3-4 days later. It seems to be working good since.  They confirm that @sms.rogers.com has been discontinued for a while.  A few weeks earlier there was also an outage for messages coming from certain smtp provider.  

I've Been Here Awhile

I am getting the message on my phone using ##########@pcs.rogers.com but when I reply with Read nothing happens... any ideas of what I need to do to be able to respond to 'reply with 'Read' to read your message'

I'm Here A Lot

typing 《read》en pressing send work for me. It takes 1 or 2 seconds and a new sms comes in with the message content.
I've Been Here Awhile

that is the issue, typing read does nothing, but it used to when I had an iphone, but now I am using a galaxy S7, so not sure if it is a phone issue or a Rogers issue.

I'm Here A Lot

I just tried it on a Iphone 8+ and it worked.  I also sent one at the same time to my galaxy S9 and I'm still waiting . . .  It's been more than 5 minutes.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for testing, sounds like it could be a Galaxy issue....hmmm I wonder if there is a fix for this some where.