E-mail to Text (SMS)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: E-mail to Text (SMS)

>If you wish to continue using Email-to-Text services, we may have the ability to provide you with additional benefits from an enhanced version of this feature. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps and we can assist you further.  For more information on our Private Message system, please see this page.

Trash.  Why would I volunteer to pay for an additional service when I can't trust you to even keep your existing services I rely on going?

The "enhanced" service that you offer on @pcs.rogers.com is less than useless for notifications given it has latency of up to an hour.  

I'll work around this issue with other technology since I clearly can't rely on you.  

I've Been Around

Can you clarify your statement?  On the Email to SMS can you be specific?  Are you saying Rogers will discontinue the tendigitphonenumber@sms.rogers.com service?  Is Rogers discontinuing the tendigitphonenumber@pcs.rogers.com?  Both presently still work sort of.   The @sms.rogers.com appears to only accept emails from some mail servers, of which Gmail is one that works.  Others appear to be blocked.  Why?  The @pcs.rogers.com is also still working but as others have mentioned it sometimes has delays and requires the $5 per month Email to TXT service or you have to REPLY to each text to read it which in my opinion is a total money grab as no other cell provider requires that.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes we do the same thing with Gmail...we wrote a messaging service that goes out thru Gmail accounts to drivers in the field and its no longer working for Rogers only...the message we get is "Recipient name is not recognized" and it cancels the message.  We are using 10digitphonenumber@sms.rogers.com.  I even tried sending from Outlook to that same address format and we don't get the message that way either.  If you find a solution, please let me know...;)

DD...

I've Been Here Awhile

Never mind just read the message under yours...:) No longer supported. That's a bummer...
I Plan to Stick Around

FYI, just to followup on my original post:

My issue was resolved when I switched to Telus.

E-mail to SMS is a standard feature with Telus and I have not had a problem with it. It typically takes 5-10 seconds between when the e-mail is sent and I receive it on my phone.

I Plan to Stick Around

"Both presently still work sort of.   The @sms.rogers.com appears to only accept emails from some mail servers, of which Gmail is one that works.  Others appear to be blocked.  Why?  The @pcs.rogers.com is also still working but as others have mentioned it sometimes has delays"

They must be blocking/filtering some messages. Today I can email myself to @pcs.rogers.com and I get the text immediately, yet I am waiting on an access code from facebook so I can make a critical change to my account and I AM NOT RECEIVING THE TEXTS from FB. Facebook sent the messages a couple of times already. They just don't arrive. It's inconceivable to me that LEGIT MESSAGES from a HUGE organization like FB are "false positives"

Way to FAIL with spam filtering.

Hello @jand_ottawa,

Thanks for your post!

I can understand the frustration caused by the fact that you're not receiving text messages from Facebook.

Has the issue been resolved since you posted?

We are not currently impeding A2P messages and it is not our plan to do so. We developed a process that protects our network and customers from spam while ensuring that legitimate organizations are able to contact their clients through A2P in a reliable and secure way.

What other avenues did you investigate in the resolution of this problem?

I hope we can help you get that SMS!

RogersMaude

I'm Here A Lot

I am using email to SMS  (514xxxxxxx@pcs.rogers.com) and it works fine when the email comes from Gmail smtp server, but emails are not going through when using a legitimate domain and mailgun.org as the smtp service provider. Can the domain and / or the smtp provider be white listed at Rogers.  It all works fine when sending to Bell's Email to SMS service (and no need to type <read>)  Thanks    

I'm Here A Lot

More development . . .

The email I sent to 514xxxxxxx@pcs.rogers.com from smtp.mailgun.org in the afternoon started to come in in the evening several minutes apart (something like 5 hour later).  The one sent from smtp.gmail.com came in seconds after being sent. 

I'm Here A Lot

More more development ...

Today they seem to be working properly.  Maybe just a hiccup yesterday.