cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail Asking me to return a TV Set Top Box - Which I NEVER had

Daquin
I've been around

I keep getting e-mails from Rogers asking me to return a piece of equipment, a "TV set top box", with a serial number listed. The notice threatens to charge any unreturned equipment fees that may apply.

Prior to switching to Ignite I was with Source Cable, and owned the cable box I was using. There was no rental with Source, or with Rogers. 

Has anyone experienced this same issue? How do I clear it up? 

Last time I received the email I called customer service, but I'm still getting the notice.

***Edited Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: E-mail Asking me to return a TV Set Top Box - Which I NEVER had

RogersYasmine

Good day, @Daquin!

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for posting your concern! You've come to the right place! 🙂

Just to clarify, Rogers did acquire Source Cable back in November of 2014. Since then, we've been slowly transitioning customers over to the Rogers platform depending on which services they have and customers have been notified by mail and/or by telephone.

Is it possible that the TV box belongs to Source Cable? By any chance, have you reached out to them with the indicated serial number to find out if the said box belongs to them?

We can also have a look into this for you! When you get some time, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you,

RogersLaura

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation