Double charge on long distance call !!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Double charge on long distance call !!!

I want to warn every Rogers customer that "glitches" occur.

On my invoice  I have a long distance call double charged:

Two 11 minute, long distance calls, to the same number start at the same time - I was billed for something impossible.

It is ridiculous that the system allows this, but the customer support really scared me:

To sympatise with me, the agent told me that it happens, but not too often, even happened to her, but only once.

And this company has the nerve (or a good reason?) to charge extra for a paper invoice, that allows you to do a quick check of the charges.

If this happened before, and it was not fixed, tells me everything about this company.

***Edited Labels.***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Double charge on long distance call !!!

Hello Adam_Balogh

When speaking to the Rep and the rep telling you that it does happen, did they at least give you a credit for it or did u still have to pay?. You can contact Rogers via Live Chat, Facebook and Twitter @Rogershelps to see what they can do for u
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As well online you are able to check the charges very easily, either via the full online format (click on wireless, the should allow you to click a breakdown of your minutes/usages/LD)

As well as you can click the link to view the same paper copy bill, as a PDF.

The bill is ready usually about 5-7 days after your billing cycle, and you have immediate access to the details then, no having to wait x many days for Canada post to deliver it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

ive heard of rogers wireless customers making long distance calls with a third party calling card and getting charged for the call on their rogers wireless bill.   some times it can be a glitch but other times it can be human error, heres one example, the guy called the local 10 digit calling card hotline number, then dialed the long distance number he wanted to call, but the mistake he was making was pressing the "send" button on his rogers wireless cell phone, by doing this mistake, the call was being made from his cellular plan and not the calling card, so he was seeing charges on his rogers wireless bill, but he was adiment he was dialing it properly, it took 2 months to figure out that he was the one who made the error.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Adam_Balogh - it seems you are quite upset abut not having a paper bill... but do you know how many trees we kill each year with that bad habit?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Smartswine

I would stick to the topic instead of bringing that into the thread. Customers are allowed to have paper billing but for a fee of $2. Doesn't matter how many trees it takes up or not.

I've Been Here Awhile

The issue is that the Rogers system allows a double charge on a long distance call,

and they know it.

Yes, I was credited - after spending half an hour on the phone.

I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry, the point is:

Why is rogers billing me twice for the same thing?

Why do I have to check?

I know there are ways to check.