Does texting to US with unlimited texting cost money?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Does texting to US with unlimited texting cost money?

I'm part of a share everything plan with unlimited texting, and I was wondering if it cost money per text for sending texts to my friend in the US. I haven't been able to find anything about it anywhere else so I'm hoping this is my best bet.

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: Does texting to US with unlimited texting cost money?

Hi @deadlyparadox

Welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

US texting is not part of the Share Everything plan, the charge to send a text message to the US is 0.45 per message.

@RogersPrasana

I'm a Senior Advisor

@deadlyparadox  

Another option is to add on a value pack at $5.00 per month, which gives you a number of other features. If you are communicating often, it is a much better option.  If you have One Number activated, you can send them for 10 cents.

Chat or call in and talk options, there may be various other things you can consider that may be available - consider how much you need the option, the costs involved and see what is the best options they can come up with.

We have a daughter in the U.S. and we use the add-on on our phone lines. Means we never have to worry about how many we do in a month.

Finally, it is interesting to note, that if you are ever considering moving companies, almost all other companies include us text in the messaging packages.

There are a few options available to you, but can't think of any free options.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Contributor

@BS wrote:

Finally, it is interesting to note, that if you are ever considering moving companies, almost all other companies include us text in the messaging packages.

Sounds like this might be just the best solution. Other companies offer such things as UNLIMITED Worldwide Text Messaging from Canada, UNLIMITED Picture Messaging to Canada & US, and Canada-Wide Calling included on all plans. With rogers, all of these cost extra. 

I've Been Around

I have been paying $15 a month for talk and text to the US since May and have been texting to the US at no extra charge except $15. This month I've been charged:
Canada to US - Sent 168 msgs $75.60
US/Int'l Picture & Video 2 msgs $1.50
What changed?

Hello @Savvas,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! 

Billing issues can definitely be upsetting and I appreciate the details you have provided. 

I'm hoping you were able to get this rectified since you last posted.

If not, it would be a pleasure to provide you with the assistance you need.

To do so, we'll have to discuss privately in order to gain access to your account and identify what happened with the text messaging charges.

If you do want us to review your account, please don't hesitate to send us a PM @CommunityHelps

If you're not familiar with our private messaging system please visit the blog here

RogersMaude