Does my plan include US Calling/Texting?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Does my plan include US Calling/Texting?

Recently we switched to post paid from paygo and don't know where we stand with texts and calls to our phones originating in the US.

Are calls to us free or is there a charge and if so how much? Same for texts can someone from a US phone send us a text? Do we pay to receive it and how much?

***Edited Labels***

Re: Does my plan include US Calling/Texting?

Good evening & welcome to the Rogers Community Forums @goldberry,

It's always a good idea to clarify about any potential charges instead of incurring any, especially on the first invoice. As long as your wireless plan includes unlimited calling and messaging you will not be billed for any incoming calls or messages. However if you were to send a text or call a US/International number there will be a charge. Charges vary depending on the location you call or text.

Hope this helpsRobot Happy!

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks that does help as I was concerned that spam calls and texts originating from a US/International number would create a charge.
Is there a quick url that indicates costs of text and long distance charges going out of Canada?
Highlighted

Good morning @goldberry,

You can find the pay-per-use as well as long distance preferred rate options here.  Once you are on the long distance page, please click on U.S & International Preferred Rate to view a specific country's charges for mobile and landline numbers.

RogersZia