Does Rogers provide users with a personal Web site space like Bell/Sympatico does?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Does Rogers provide users with a personal Web site space like Bell/Sympatico does?

Does Rogers offer it's users the ability to create their own personal website/page like Bell Sympatico does?  I've tried searching all through their site but can't find anything.  

***edited labels***

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Re: Does Rogers provide users with a personal Web site space like Bell/Sympatico does?

Hi @Rick13,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

I see you're looking to create and host a personal website using one of our Rogers high speed Internet packages. If you have a Rogers High speed Internet consumer account, unfortunately we do not provide users the ability to create their own personal website/page. If you have a Rogers high speed Internet business account, you do have to option to create and host a personal website. Click here for information on Rogers Business Internet Web Hosting.  

For example with a consumer account, here's what our ROGERS IGNITETM 250U package includes.

Package Information:

• RocketTM Wi-Fi Modem or Advanced Wi-Fi modem rental included

Additional Features:

• Rogers Online Protection Basic security suite3
  • 24/7 support
  • Easy Connect software for parental controls and guest networks
  • 9 email accounts

Click here for more consumer Internet packages

Hope this helps,
RogersArthur

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Does Rogers provide users with a personal Web site space like Bell/Sympatico does?

@Rick13  Simple answer is: no there is nothing comparable to what you just described on Rogers for consumers as part of your basic package.

The featues presented are from the most expensive plan options,  look through them all and make your choice of what you need.  The web option is a paid option.  

There are a wide range of paid and unpaid options for web site development out there.  Just check the Internet.

But if you want free web site, Bell Internet still offers it, I think.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

It does seem odd that Rogers does not provide webspace for customers because there are cheaper ISPs that do.  Maybe it's not something customers demand anymore. My ISP does, a whopping 20 Megabytes, which was barely adequate 30 years ago, but today it's nothing. Today most people use third party services to host their websites.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would GUESS that they stoped, due to the lack of demand/usage of them maybe?

Like you said, they didnt offer MUCH storage on them.

Most people used them for their own personal type sites, posting some of their own pictures, etc.
With FACEBOOK and other services.. many people just use those often now.. and doesnt really have any Quota at all.

Anyone with LARGER needs (business website, etc), you can get external web hosting, for pretty dirt cheap, which includes so much other services as well.. often domain registration, email forwarding, etc.

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers did offer it in the past cause I had one on their server. They were in partnership with Geocities. Once Geocities wasn't in partnership with Rogers, everyone who had web pages had to find another hosting site whether it was a free or a paying site. I still can't believe they don't offer it to a normal cable user for the cost we're paying each Month. Welcome to Rogers.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Welcome to EVERY provider out there.. at least in canada.

I do not think ANY of them provide hosting anymore.. so its not just rogers.