cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Rogers have different prices for different cities for same packages?

ARK23
I've been here awhile

I have been told by a Rogers sales representative that Rogers have different prices for different communities. For example if some one is living in Toronto, they might be paying a little more for the same service comparing to some one living in Whitby. 

They argue that because cost of living in Toronto is higher, the customer would be paying higher prices for Rogers services as well. 

In my opinion, paying higher for services such as car insurance in Toronto could be higher due to having higher volumes of traffic and therefore higher a risk of an accident. But having to pay a higher price for Rogers if you are a Toronto resident doesn't make sense.

Based on above stated scenario, I want to know if the sales representative is right or wrong and why?

Thank you.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Does Rogers have different prices for different cities for same packages?

RogersZia

Hello @ARK23,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for sharing your experience with us :)!

First things first, pricing of the products does vary between provinces. As far as difference in pricing within GTA is concerned, it could be due to applicable offers or promotions on an account.

Pricing can also be different if a customer is on a legacy or grandfathered package which is no longer available. All the in market prices are listed on rogers.com. At times, field sales reps, or reps over the phone may have bonus offers or credits for an activation. For the latest products and offers please keep an eye on rogers.com. 

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. 

RogersZia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ARK23
I've been here awhile

Can Rogers price on their own Packages?

I have been on Rogers Smart Home Monitoring Assure package (2 year contract) for almost a 8 months now which includes (A door lock, a light bulb, a thermostat, three door sensors, a motion sensor, a camera and a screen to manage to SHM system), all for 29.99+ HST. I have learnt from a sale representative that he is able to offer new and existing customers the same assure package with a price of 29.99+HST with a extra camera.

If sales representative is right, then is it possible for me to get an extra camera as well for the same price?

If not, then is it not a pricing discrimination?

RogersZia

Hello @ARK23,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for sharing your experience with us :)!

First things first, pricing of the products does vary between provinces. As far as difference in pricing within GTA is concerned, it could be due to applicable offers or promotions on an account.

Pricing can also be different if a customer is on a legacy or grandfathered package which is no longer available. All the in market prices are listed on rogers.com. At times, field sales reps, or reps over the phone may have bonus offers or credits for an activation. For the latest products and offers please keep an eye on rogers.com. 

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. 

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation