Does Rogers have USSD code or SMS to check data usage?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Even 7-eleven provide a USSD code to check data usage on a real time basis. But rogers asked to login to the account, several clicks to get the data usage which was 12 hours ago!

Do we have a better, quicker way to check data usage?

Thanks.

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator

Re: Does Rogers have USSD code or SMS to check data usage?

Hi @xxwq , welcome to the community.

From what I’ve gathered the USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) code is used to keep track of data usage. The Rogers My account app was created to present this information to our customers.

I can understand the frustration with the delay in retrieving this information. Outside of checking the Rogers My account app for your monthly usage, you can actually reset your usage each month directly on your smartphone device. Depending on the phone you have you may be able to check your monthly directly usage on your device.

Example for an iPhone you would;

• Go into ‘Settings’ then select ’Cellular’ if you scroll down you can see your Call Time and Cellular Data Usage.
  • Scroll down and select System Services. You will then be able to see how much cellular data you are using.
  • You can reset this each month (at the start of your billing cycle) to get a real time reflection of your data usage.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

I've Been Around

It is inconvenient to reset every month on your iphone. It is easy to forget. If you can just send an SMS and then get the result, that would be good.
Retired Moderator RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator

Hello @i88ca

Welcome to the Community.

I agree that it is easy to forget to reset your data usage on your device every month, have you tried the MyRogers app/ website to monitor your usage?

RogersAliciaG

I Plan to Stick Around

Let's get real here...Why would Rogers let you know or make it convenient for you to know your data usage.....the longer you are in the dark about your data usage the more Rogers will profit. This is a company without VALUES!

I've Been Around

I generally don’t respond to Q&A. But I had the same question and came across this search on google. Your answer, to be quite frank, is horrible. As a customer I would see this as a deceptive or non direct answer. There is a simple question that was asked here, does Rogers have a text code or not. It is okay to say that you don’t and move on with the explanation of the aforementioned in your post. But answering the question in the manner and form you did is a deal killer, instant contract death. It makes the Rogers staff appear incompetent about their own services. This same incompetence lead to many of the good features Rogers had killer off because of “unpopularity”. E.g call manager and Rogers One Number. It wasn’t because it was unpopular, it was because the staff weren’t fully educated on their on product and made it unattractive, let alone poor marketing of the feature. Same results here. SMH 🤦‍♂️
I've Been Around

I am a new user and based on what I have seen all over the world, Rogers is the first network provider that does not have a simple way to know about your data usage for pay as you go plan! It is frustrating and unacceptable. That's why I purchased mobile services from other service provider for my family.
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Scorpion1349 wrote:
I am a new user and based on what I have seen all over the world, Rogers is the first network provider that does not have a simple way to know about your data usage for pay as you go plan! It is frustrating and unacceptable. That's why I purchased mobile services from other service provider for my family.

This should probably be in the Pay As You Go forum. I have the basic (now obsolete and grandfathered) talk anytime (or whatever they call it) PayGo plan. I get charged for talk airtime and $0.30 for sent and received texts. There is no specific data plan, but if I receive a text with a photo, I can see and download it by enabling data, which I normally have turned off.  I can then see the data charge by going to my Call/Transaction History. What else were you looking for?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Around

If there is no USSD to check data balance, please say NO. Don't give an explanation which wastes my time reading it.
Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 in conversation