Discounts expiring

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Discounts expiring

Hi Bruce,

Thanks..yes you understand.Was so frustrated that I got flagged twice yesterday because I had to much info on $$ paid and off subjet etc..I got it,but it's not about the personal info as in they will find you but people will know what you pay while your neighbor with the same package pays more.

It just looks bad..then comes in the only thing I need a phone # for retention and even thow 2 people came to help nobody can give me a phone# ...it's a taboo subjet and they can help thow while sending a disclaimer that they can't offer what a new customer has?..ok I send my info and poof 5 hours after I was still waiting for a response and then I messaged again and another person couldn't find where I had sent it while the link was on a previous PM? Anyways I now know how it works,chat and communityhelp isn't the way to proceed for me at least.

To be clair at 9h42pm somebody wanted to help again here on communitychat but at that time it's more about going to bed..

It's a never ending process of repeating what you want and then starting over again like it's groundhog day all over again..

Loved the good old days of 2011 when I had a NEW  package and rogers tech came to my house and set my stuff free.....

2015 came along and a work order was done that I had to go get a modem myself at their store because I had another contract I just signed with them?!

and then here we are and i'm wondering will I have to do cart wheels on top of my babybarn while losing half what I have as a package and paying more and need to do the leg work for it? Can't even have a phone # to see if I can have a fair price..so I don't know?!

Good luck in your negotiations!

I'm a Senior Advisor

@funnybunny wrote:

the only thing I need a phone # for retention and even thow 2 people came to help nobody can give me a phone# ...it's a taboo subjet

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe I've seen a specific number to call. Usually a customer will call to cancel a service or ask for a discount they feel they're entitled to and when the agent can't help, you ask for a supervisor, then manager, etc.  Eventually this should lead to Retentions where you may be offered some kind of incentive before you cancel the service or account.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

"Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe I've seen a specific number to call. Usually a customer will call to cancel a service or ask for a discount they feel they're entitled to and when the agent can't help, you ask for a supervisor, then manager, etc.  Eventually this should lead to Retentions where you may be offered some kind of incentive before you cancel the service or account."

Yes ok fair I get not posting in publicly but how about....

"Hi mr or mrs xxyy were here to help and our retention team will gladly help you from Monday-Friday from 9-5 ..so when is a good time to call you so we may assist you?"

See it's so much easier as the company is offering customer service and not the client. It just shouldn't be this difficult.I understand I might not deserve the welcome gift of a tablet but I think I should have a fair price..What's a fair price well something that's around 3% a year or the same as cost of living increase??

So let's say I have a 3 year bundle now if I get apples to apples I could expect to pay around 10% extra while still being able to negotiate a fair new contract.

As a marketing ploy to get new clients I get the need to have good prices and even a welcome gift to entice new clients..problem is you need to keep them happy and satisfied after the first contract to expand the customer base,if not as a company you are gaining newbies at lower prices while alienating your loyal customers.

I'm a Senior Advisor

There are no direct numbers accessable to the consumer anymore. Just one single main number. I was trying to get the accessability team recently. Had to just pick a choice and get them to transfer. They had to find it in their directory. Took 10 minutes.

How I get directly to retentions listen through options be sure that you put your home phone number as the account you want to talk about if on a different phone.listwn through all the options about wireless devices. Then wait for either changes choose the appropriate service. I actually now go to option 5 cancelations. Explain that you have already talked to other departments about your ending promotion and you haven't had success. Stay away from the discussion of new customer prices. Except to rant you are waiting your breath. Stick to what is the best they can do with your current mix and then talk about are there any new promotions that could help you. Ask them to consider reducing features in your mix. Know what you want channels and add ones two tvs etc discount a terminal maybe full channels on your data but ask them to builds various offers. Then I say I have to think on it. Read those all out put the quote on file and then I do a chat and ask for full details on the quote. Usually 10 days or 30 days. If quote differs from what you understood report a concern emphasize the time you spent and if need be go to office of president.

Be sure to ask if there are any expiry dates on the promotions.

I have the advantage them at I can legitimately say that cancelation is an option some or all services but after 26 years I want to stay but I have legitimate budget limitations. I honestly acknowledge my disability of PTSD and need for patience on both sides.

If you can I would call in representing your in laws. They just have to tell them you are doing it and pass the phone. Then finish out that portion of call knowing the details of their plan and then open up discussion of your plan.

And I always finish with quote clarifications and I will think about it. And then I all back when ready to cancelations.

So no number but I get to the right people right away every time. Some times I get changes who are more limited at times, and I ask for transfer. I use a speaker phone and fortunately I can take typing dictation.

Have them read the notes they write not what they say they will write before you finish. Document date call and wait time I'd number for the call and name of person.

Horrible way to have to do this but this is what they make us do now. I believe they don't want this to be easy and a certain number of people aren't concerned what they pay they just go ahead. I don't have the cash flow so I have to do the dance and the dance keeps changing. Month ago new offers were two year fixed discount on retail prices two years ago it was fixed price no changes until end of period now it is back to one year. Few months ago internet was moved from 60 Mbs 200 GB cap to 75 and 500.now 75 gone with 60 unlimited instead.

I can honestly say I hear your frustration and have lived similiar. I hate this new model of business and I don't need all the new technology. That is why one of my options is just pull it all fo wholesalers voip and digital antenna and over the top internet media providers. So try that number pattern to get cancelation customer relations retentions.

Take the weekend of enjoy your services or go out and do other things and a longer term employee who works days and weekdays.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@funnybunny wrote:

"Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe I've seen a specific number to call. Usually a customer will call to cancel a service or ask for a discount they feel they're entitled to and when the agent can't help, you ask for a supervisor, then manager, etc.  Eventually this should lead to Retentions where you may be offered some kind of incentive before you cancel the service or account."

Yes ok fair I get not posting in publicly but how about....

"Hi mr or mrs xxyy were here to help and our retention team will gladly help you from Monday-Friday from 9-5 ..so when is a good time to call you so we may assist you?"

See it's so much easier as the company is offering customer service and not the client. It just shouldn't be this difficult.I understand I might not deserve the welcome gift of a tablet but I think I should have a fair price..What's a fair price well something that's around 3% a year or the same as cost of living increase??

So let's say I have a 3 year bundle now if I get apples to apples I could expect to pay around 10% extra while still being able to negotiate a fair new contract.

As a marketing ploy to get new clients I get the need to have good prices and even a welcome gift to entice new clients..problem is you need to keep them happy and satisfied after the first contract to expand the customer base,if not as a company you are gaining newbies at lower prices while alienating your loyal customers.

For sure Rogers needs to be more proactive in retaining existing customers and wooing new ones. You get new ones by offering temporary killer deals which are not available to existing customers (but, of, course, will expire in 6 or 12 months).  As for publishing a direct phone number for retentions, in my opinion (and obviously Rogers) that would be a complete disaster. People would be calling 24 hours a day to haggle over what they're paying.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks...there's a middle ground and I think if anybody has a contract at some point if the client is interested a call a couple of months from the end should be made by the business to ask what is your intentions and if anything can be done to keep your loyalty while keeping you up to date on promotions.I don't see anything on the site for existing customers.I would sign a 3-5 year contract today with a 500$ penalty to have stability in fair pricing and service.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The problem originally posted by the OP was that they were concerned his or her package was expiring soon and did not know what to do. I was the one who provided some clarity that packages do not expire only the promotions and there was a lot of misunderstanding in how cable tv packages work but provided some clarity to better help the OP for future discussions. A lot of people then commented about new customer deals vs. Existing customer which is indeed true and it was never like that in the past but cable has also changed drastically for the better yes but also people are upset that the costs have become unaffordable the only way to stay with cable is to negotiate a better deal aka promotion or leave and go to the competition which many of them have fixed pricing for new and existing customers. It does not mean the conversation has gone off topic they are all valid points and related to the OPs question to better help him or her make a concious choice

I'm a Senior Advisor

I guess the answer is if the promotional deal is just barely affordable, don't take it, because you know you'll lose the discount in 6 or 12 months.

I Plan to Stick Around

My current contract (bundle) was 3 years and was affordable..problem is where are the new contracts for existing customers?

We seem to vanish after 2 or 3 years now or of no importance?!

Promo 3 months I get it and don't want it!

Stability for Rogers and the client on long term contracts that have clients and the infrastructure in place already for long term costs little in workforce because nothing has to change except the contract end date seem to be a win win as long as the clients has a fair deal.If you need to give to much to the newbies to get them in the door but the loyal customers get to pay for it..it's not fair.

My bill could be 15$ less a month if they didn't give a Tablet to the newbies while still giving them a 2 year contract at a price that I supposedly can't get?

Where I live Rogers had to do a viability report and put the lines in about 300ft or so..we are 2 that might leave in a couple of months and nobody else on he street that uses Rogers...Now after that if Rogers ends being competitive the viability part seems to be of little importance.Infrastructure in place with no clients?!

And I bet in 6 months we'll have Rogers at the door or sending flyers telling us now Newbies again that they have nice packages for us and we can have a nice Tablet with it too...we just need to leave for a few months or a couple of years to get it?!

Just thinking about it is nonsense to me!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ive worked in marketing in my past career. No body who works for big companies like Rogers, or Telus or Shaw or whoever wants to admit but the goal of those promotions is to make you become a customer and once your a customer you will enjoy the product so much that u will still be happy when the price goes up to regular price. We all know this is not necessarily true but the big companies have done all the calculations and even with giving some promos they still make profit. Yeah it sucks but if people want it to change get a job high up in mid to upper management and present your case of lowering prices to the board and pray they accept it.