Disabling Roam Like Home

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SMT101
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Disabling Roam Like Home

Indeed, it can still be done. I would call again to talk to a different agent, or use the Chat option.
sdsdsdd2323
I've Been Here Awhile

Mentioning "unenrol" did the trick. Thanks guys!

pa_davodeau
I've Been Around

Here is no way to disable RLH but to call them or chat with an agent. There used to be a toggle on/off button in the myrogers account but it is gone. it is now replaced by a Data Access On/Off feature, but that does not turn off RLH so if you cross the border/ travel without airplaine mode activated, it will trigger a 12$ or 7$ charge (depending on which country).

Story of my life, traveling and getting conf calls all day one day, and then just few texts the next day.

RogersLaura

Hi @pa_davodeau,

Thank you for joining us in the Rogers Community Forums and great first post! 👍

You certainly bring up some interesting points, however, I think some clarification is needed.

What actions trigger the daily charge?

The daily charge of $7/day for U.S and $12/day for international destinations will be triggered by the first instance of either a voice call (made or received), outgoing text or MMS, or the use of data over the network when roaming in the U.S or internationally (like sending an email or updating your Facebook status, etc.).

**Please note: incoming text messages and incoming calls which are not answered or go straight to voicemail, will not trigger a daily charge.

You can check out the rest of our Roaming FAQs by clicking here

I hope this helps clarify your concerns!

RogersLaura

CoOlSlY
I Plan to Stick Around

Being a person who travels almost 200 days a year, I sometimes want to use RLH when I need to heavy use my phone, but I don't want to trigger RLH when I just want to send a message to somebody to state i'll be late (0.75$ instead of 7$-12$).................... A trigger option in my opinion is mandatory instead of calling everytime my friends at Rogers. Sometimes the agent doesn't do it properly and I have to call AGAIN to have the amounts credited.

Edna1
I've Been Around

No roaming

We are currently in Europe and have 2 numbers on my account. One is obviously mine, the other is my 16 year old daughters #. I received an email from Rogers saying that my daughter had applied for roaming? I do NOT want this to happen and even though I have asked her not to roam, I don’t trust that she won’t roam, (teen ages!) I don’t wanna end up with a huge bill when we return home. Is there a way that Rogers can block roaming?

RogersTony

Hello, @Edna1

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I know how frustrating it can be to see roaming charges on your bill, they can really add up to a lot if you aren't careful.

We can definitely look into disabling the ability to roam on specific lines in your plan. Please send a Private message to @CommunityHelps so we can pull up your information and get started on this for you.

Not familiar with our Private messaging system? No worries, Click Here.

RogersTony