Disable Text to Landline Service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Disable Text to Landline Service

Hello jbird

Yes it does. It will cancel that as well when you call them & ask to have the service turned off.
I Plan to Stick Around

This is the first I've heard about this telemessage service.  By default all sms can go to anyone's landline?  Do we get charged for accepting this?  Although I didn't have the option to accept or reject when I received these calls since they went directly to my voicemail.  

What I'm getting from this thread is that it's up to me to call Telemessage and have them blocked my number from receiving text messages on my landline.   I'm on the Telemessage.com website and they have 2 locations, the U.S. and Isreal and I have to be the one to say no more to my phone?   Doesn't make sense why Roger's allows this service to bypass customer consent. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jbird

Yes we do get charged for accepting it. It also charges the other person who is sending it.

Sadly you can call their US line & they will do it for you. That is how i did it & cancelled it from my number. Rogers does not seem to want customers knowing this OR at least letting the customers know about this so they can OPT-OUT or anything.

At least we have the number & name of the site so we can do it on our own. Would be nice if Rogers had the option to turn it off.
I Plan to Stick Around

I just went to the website and contacted them with name, email and phone number telling them to remove my landline number from receiving text messages.  Now I hope I don't start getting a slew of them just because I put my phone number out there.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jbird

They have not done that with me so its safe to say they won't do it. They will reply to you saying they took it off.
I've Been Around

I was able to disable txt2 landline in 2 mins through Rogers Support Chat. No hassle.
I've Been Here Awhile

Send an e-mail to support@telemessage.com , including your mobile #  and a request to block the Text to Landline Message service.

I got this info from Rogers Support Chat.

I've Been Around

I recently called and had my account credited for the charges I received as a result of the text 2 landline service. I intend to continue to call them for a credit monthly for all related charges, even though they told me this is a one time credit and to make sure not to text to a landline to avoid charges. I run my business through my phone and never know if messages are from a land line or not.  This is just another racket forced upon loyal customers.

Hi @not2l,

Welcome to the Community Forums, and thanks for your post.

I understand it can be frustrating to receive unexpected charges on your bill, especially when there's no way for you to know if you're sending a message to a landline or a cell phone.

Unfortunately, there are no options or add-ons to include this feature, however, as noted in the post above yours, you're able to essentially opt-out by contacting telemessage directly.

I hope this helps!

RogersShaun

I Plan to Stick Around

PERFECT! Thanks. I emailed the company (in Israel) and they have a line in their contact form specifically for TXT to Landline complaints.
Cheers!
Coming on PPV!
Real Madrid vs. Atlético (Athletic) Bilbao Live
LIVE: Saturday April 21, 2019 10AM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499 | 391 (beIN English) 392 (beIN Spanish)
Price: $5.99 (HD) | $5.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $5.99 | (beIN subscription $14.99/mo.)
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Real Madrid faces Athletic Bilbao in a regular la liga league soccer match. Subscribe to beIN Sports for $14.99/mo. to get the game and more La Liga and international Sporting events.

Crawford vs. Khan Live
LIVE: Saturday April 20, 2019 9PM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $79.99 (HD) | $74.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $79.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Undefeated virtuoso Terence "Bud" Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs) will defend his welterweight world title against British boxing royalty Amir "King" Khan (33-4, 20 KOs) in a collision of superstars.

Topic Stats