Disable Text to Landline Service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Disable Text to Landline Service

Hello shawguy

Oh theirs. If you want too, its up to you. They should be able to reply to you with a simple answer.

As for the rep. Most reps are usually rude and not wanting to help. I have made this a huge deal with Rogers and i usually just tell them i am recording the whole call due to this reason or make sure that someone else is with me to listen to this. It's sad but most carriers if not all companies have rude reps. More training and watching needs to be done.

I hope this works for you! Yes let us know Smiley Happy
Rogers Employee Ahmad_las
Rogers Employee

Hello Meowmix, I can't see this in the OP's post Smiley Frustrated

"I have only done this a few times, but I do find it quite annoying to have that Text to Landline service auto charge you $0.15 for every accidential text to a landline." this is all I can see Smiley Frustrated
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello alas1986

Hmm that's something weird :/. Maybe a glitch on your side as mine works fine on my device and tablet. 

I Plan to Stick Around

So telemessage got back to me and they removed my number from the database and I confirmed I can no longer send text messages to land lines anymore (YAY). After contacting Rogers I had someone from the management office touch base and ask for more info - and then I never heard back from them - VERY POOR CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE.

So Yes, Telemessage is fast and prompt with the request and Rogers fails again.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello shawguy

Glad to hear that Telemessage fix the issue & resolved it for you. Maybe Rogers should take this into account & start telling customers about Telemessage & tell them to contact them. Glad to see it all got resolved tho!
I've Been Here Awhile

I emailed Telemessage and they replied the next day saying they removed my number. I checked by sending SMS to my home phone and I don't get anymore annoying text-to-landline and it doesn't charge my account either, so it worked!! Rogers could not fix it for 3 years, 1 email to Telemessage did it. Rogers Fail.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Alex_2971

Glad to see it worked out for u too! Sadly Rogers reps aren't aware of this so that is why the didn't help. I hope Rogers gets the memo and starts telling their reps about it.
I Plan to Stick Around

Glad to Hear you were able to disable this annoying service as well Alex_2971. Smiley Happy
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Shawguy

I emailed them and as well i got my numbers removed and my family numbers removed all wellSmiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

Does this work to refuse text to landline messages also?

I've received a few and can't understand a word they are saying, monotone computer voice can't pronounce names properly and most words.