Disable Text to Landline Service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

anyone still wanted more info on this? where'd y'all go?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Disable Text to Landline Service

Hello AlexiHusky,  how are you?

I noticed you had a problem with Txt 2 Landline, well have a read at this thread: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Other_mobile_device/message-id/3...

and scroll near the end.  Follow the steps and that should solve your problem.

P.S. the link I posted also comes up in the search so in the future if you have a question you might find your answer quickly.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thats still not a good solution.

Rogers needs to get off their butt on this and provide an actual solution to their customers.

Like even today someone was calling me and I did a quick decline with txt msg (feature of android) and it was a darn land-line.  Ding ding another 0.15 =/

Maybe if they feel like not letting customers opt out of it they should not charge for it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

some things in this world we will never know why, so why wait till your 80 years old for rogers to come out with a solution? by then they would have probaly stole $80 dollars in charges from you, right?  you can either be politically correct and wait for them to solve it, and pay for every text u send to a landline, or u can do the above solution and save some $$$ in your wallet.  you can decide what's best for you.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yup I contacted them and I'm removed.

I don't know why this is so hard for roger's tech drones to even let customers know.

=/  Rogers customer satisfaction 0 our of 10 on this one. 10/10 to Telemessage guys who responded instantly and effectively.  

I Plan to Stick Around

I have only done this a few times, but I do find it quite annoying to have that Text to Landline service auto charge you $0.15 for every accidential text to a landline. I googled and discovered an old thread on this forum regarding it and it stated that a company called Telemessage (www.telemessage.com) is the one providing the service. Before I go giving out my personal info to a foreign company - Is is this still the route to go? - I find it annoying that Rogers passes the buck on this issue. Do I just email the general contact us mailbox - how much info do I need to give them?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

shawguy

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello shawguy

There is no email for customer to email Rogers. You can contact Rogers and see if they can block the service but this service is with all carriers not just Rogers.

Contact effects and see what they say.
I Plan to Stick Around

Ya you could disable it. But it's only 0.15 cent mistake! Lol
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello

It doest matter if it's a 0.15 cent mistake. The fact is that services like this should be optional to the customer and only should be turned on if the customer wants it. I do agree its a small price but still tho.
I Plan to Stick Around

I think you misunderstood me Meowmix. I did not mean contact Rogers by email... I meant on the telemessage website - should I click their contact us button.

Anyways I did call rogers tonight and got a rude representative who basically told me to file a complaint online through rogers.com which I did - but I also took the plunge and contacted telemessage - I'll let you know how that went.