cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Packages Still Available?

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Is Rogers still offering digital TV packages? I was Trying to find out what cable packages were available for a neighbour who is looking for affordable TV options and I could find nothing on Rogers website. This neighbour does not have internet access nor can he afford the high cost of something like Ignite.

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Digital Packages Still Available?

RogersLaura

Good morning @jays77!

That's a great question! I know a lot of people have become quite comfortable with using cable services versus our newer Ignite TV services. It's so nice of you to look into this for your neighbor! 

You can find Digital TV channel lineups and information about our Starter TV package on our website at rogers.com. By selecting Shop > TV Bundles > and going to the bottom of the webpage, you’ll find a link for Basic TV which provides more information about Starter TV.

If you’d also like details on TV service add-ons like additional (standalone) channels, theme packs and premium services, we’re here to help. The Basic TV page includes details on how to connect with us and we’ll answer any questions you may have.

I hope this info is helpful! 😀

RogersLaura

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

RogersLaura

Good morning @jays77!

That's a great question! I know a lot of people have become quite comfortable with using cable services versus our newer Ignite TV services. It's so nice of you to look into this for your neighbor! 

You can find Digital TV channel lineups and information about our Starter TV package on our website at rogers.com. By selecting Shop > TV Bundles > and going to the bottom of the webpage, you’ll find a link for Basic TV which provides more information about Starter TV.

If you’d also like details on TV service add-ons like additional (standalone) channels, theme packs and premium services, we’re here to help. The Basic TV page includes details on how to connect with us and we’ll answer any questions you may have.

I hope this info is helpful! 😀

RogersLaura

View solution in original post

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Thanks. I’ll give him the information.

phil57
I Plan to Stick Around

Digital Cable in website

Went to Rogers website thinking of changing some packages. All mention of digital cable is gone as far as i can tell or it is well hidden .Way to go Rogers.

Dugi
I'm a Senior Contributor

@RogersLaura 
"You can find Digital TV channel lineups and information about our Starter TV package on our website at rogers.com. By selecting Shop > TV Bundles > and going to the bottom of the webpage, you’ll find a link for Basic TV which provides more information about Starter TV."

Sounds like you are avoiding the real answer. I do not want information about the Starter TV package. I want information about what digital packages are available for those of us who still want digital cable and not ignite TV. I fear the real answer is that Rogers will be discontinuing digital cable. Why can't you just come out and admit it? As far as I am concerned, this issue still does not have a solution. 

For us it may very well be academic though. Without AMC as of Jan. 1, you will be losing us as customers.  

monkey1580
I Plan to Stick Around
I have not heard anything regarding ending cable I have been with Rogers since 1985 I have a had issues yes not from my net boxes more to do with break downs in my area or in my building that is now been updated with the latest fibre optic which has improved my cable and internet I have a smart tv with all the apps plus more I have added had cable technicians over here many times I have asked them directly is Rogers getting out of the cable business his response to me is they meaning Rogers is pushing web base which is Rogers ignite and managers at the retail stores are told to push this when I asked for replacement net boxes I rent he told me they are fazing them out but still have them do to publicly they meaning Rogers has not indicated to any public platform t v paper radio that your cable is no longer available on this date time or year so folks enjoy your cable it is still THERE AND AVAILABLE

cturtle41
I've Been Around

After about a decade of being on the same plan I've decided to make some changes and drop some channels I don't need anymore, but the only option I see for TV plans are ones that include Ignite. I have no plan to change my ISP, and it's obvious that Rogers is able to provide me with cable TV without using their internet, so is there any way to change my plan without being forced to switch to Ignite

I had to change to an Ignite TV package today because my previous package is not longer available.  I had not choice but to upgrade to the Ignite package because one of my boxes was no longer functioning and there are no replacements available anymore.  I am very fortunate to pay $400 more a year for the same service I had before, except I get 7 new features on a land line I don't use other than for my elderly mother to call me.  I also get to pay a 1 time fee of 29.99 for a technician to deliver my new modem and cable boxes but he can't install them.  I get to do that by myself and when I run into trouble, I get to call tech support during which I will be insulted.  Thank you Rogers for treating a customer of 35 years in such a great way.  Yes, I know I can drop my cable at any time but thanks again.  I am very angry and I will be contacting the CRTC.  Not that it will go anywhere.

Babylegs1
I Plan to Stick Around

you're going to contact the crtc for what exactly?? 

The ignite packages start at 124.99 for tv, internet and phone

just go for a package you can afford. 

hi Sarahcameron369,

I was able to buy a certified working used cable box for my parents. Instead of calling rogers and haggling them, I went on Kijiji and Craig's List and found a nice box, made sure the serial number was clean, and bought it, and activated it. Yeah its a lot of extra work for a customer, but sometimes you gotta think outside the box.

my parents cable package is also no longer available, but they got a next one up and spoke to the rep and got a good retention deal, but they understand the deal is not a permanent thing and the price may go up after the discounts expire.

Good afternoon,
I was a Compton Communication client, and it was taken over by Rogers, I have had nothing but problems with the ignite service, and would like to go back to Cable. I live in Goodwood, ON L0C1A0, is Digital still available?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gedenson wrote:

Good afternoon,
I was a Compton Communication client, and it was taken over by Rogers, I have had nothing but problems with the ignite service, and would like to go back to Cable. I live in Goodwood, ON L0C1A0, is Digital still available?

As far as I know, once you have cancelled Digital TV, you cannot go back.  The only legacy TV option that might still be available to you is the basic TV Starter package.

What specific problems are you having with Ignite TV?  Unless there are severe problems with the Internet service in your area or some other localized problem, Ignite TV should work well and any problems should be fixable.

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 12 in conversation