Different Levels of TechXpert

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Different Levels of TechXpert

In obtaining information about Rogers TechXpert, I've noticed different levels of support. For e.g. Standard TechXpert, for $9.95/mth, TechXpert Whole Home $14.95/mth. TechXpert Wireless $?. TechXpert One Time Fix $69.95 and the list goes on.

I came across a chart that showed the difference, but was unable to find it again. Is there a spread sheet of some sorts to easily compare what's available to Rogers Customer, as well as the fees associated with these services?

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Re: Different Levels of TechXpert

Hi @Nickel11

Thank you for your patience here's what you've found for you, hope it helps: 

Rogers TechXpert™ Packages

Keep your computer and other devices running like they should with Rogers TechXpert™ Get access to personal technical support experts online or by phone, 24/7.

Rogers TechXpert™ For Computers
$9.99/month
1 866 655-1533
Your Subscription will activate 48 hours after signing up.

Individuals who need ongoing, trusted and reliable computer support.

• Expert computer support
  • Optimization/tune-ups
  • Software install & setup support
  • Virus/malware/spyware removal
  • Browser/email support
  • Coverage for 1 home personal computer
  • No appointment required
  • No visiting retail required

Rogers TechXpert™ Whole Home
$14.99/month
1 866 655-1533

Families that have more that one computer, plus other connected devices.

Includes everything in the "For Computers" packages, plus coverage for:

• Router and wireless network
  • Computer & network peripherals
  • Digital devices (storage, gaming)
  • Smartphones and tablets
  • Coverage for up to 5 home personal computers

One Time Fix
Rogers TechXpert™ Instant Fix

$69.99/one-time fee
1 866 655-1533
7 day warranty

Users with one basic immediate tech support issue.

Support for one of the following:

• Computer setup
  • Smartphone/tablet setup
  • General technology support inquiry (email setup, etc.)
  • Printer set up (1 device)
  • Home networking setup (1 device)

Rogers TechXpert™ Advanced Fix
$129.99/one-time fee²
1 866 655-1533
7 day warranty
  Users with one complex immediate tech support issue.

Support for the following:

• Virus and spyware removal
  • Home networking setup (max 5 devices)
  • Advanced technology support inquiry (OS re-install, etc.)
  • Similar types of complicated support inquiries
  • Computer tune up

Rogers TechXpert™ For Wireless 
$7.99/month
1-855-877-3887

Individuals who need ongoing, trusted and reliable computer support.

• Mobile tethering support (issues addressable via wireless tethered to a computer)

• Wireless to computer syncing and linking

• Bluetooth and Wi-Fi wireless connection and set up support
  • Advanced wireless device support (settings, advanced features, etc.)
  • Email setup and support on your mobile device
  • Rogers wireless security support (viruses, privacy, settings, encryption/password support, etc.)

One Time Fix
Rogers TechXpert™ For Wireless Instant Fix

$39.99/one-time fee

1-855-877-3887

Can immediately assist you with your mobile device issue, for a one-time low fee

which includes a 7 day warranty that the issue will be fixed right! (1 device only)

• Mobile tethering support (issues addressable via wireless tethered to a computer)

• Wireless to computer syncing and linking

• Bluetooth and Wi-Fi wireless connection and set up support
  • Advanced wireless device support (settings, advanced features, etc.)
  • Email setup and support on your mobile device
  • Rogers wireless security support (viruses, privacy, settings, encryption/password support, etc.)

Rogers TechXpert™ For Wireless Website:

• www.mobile12.ca (Customer must have an activation number to access the chat service, English only)

Ways to Buy

Already have Rogers Internet? New to Rogers Services 
To change your internet service:
Live Chat
Monday to Friday 7am - midnight EST Weekends 8am - midnight EST

Call 1-866-655-1533 to subscribe to TechXpert for Internet or 1-855-877-3887 TechXpert for wireless.
Monday to Friday 8am -10pm EST Weekends 9am - 8pm EST

To order Rogers TechXpert™ service, you must be a Rogers customer.

View internet packages

View wireless packages

Thanks,

RogersArthur

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The only link i could find potentially to a full list.. DOESNT work Smiley Tongue

From my understanding:

- Standard - One PC only.  Pretty much tech support on ANY sort of PC problem.. virus, other issues, etc.

- Whole home - covers pretty much most any other internet connected devices.. tablet, game systems, etc.

These will help with more advanced networking stuff.. general FREE support will help you that your internet, wireless, etc is working.. but cant help you in setting up say your wireless printer to it if your having issues.. techxpert would.

- Wireless would probably be for any cellphones?

If its FREE with your package.. sure maybe use it to the extent that it there..
I wouldnt pay for it extra.. though i work in IT, so i sort of know probably MORE than some of them to begin with Smiley Tongue
But many sorts of solutions can be found HERE (if it revolves around the rogers services, etc), or elswhere on the net often for free.
When you start getting beyond that.. its often sometimes something better where the PC it takes to a tech physically somewhere then.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for your replies, I went with TechXpert Whole Home.

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

Just gonna throw this out there as well. If you get one of the Ignite bundles, the TechXpert Whole Home is included free of charge for the 24-month period.

I Plan to Stick Around

Once Upon a time Tech Exoert was free with your internet package if you had that are you grandfathered to it or has it been cancelled ,I ask this because I have used tech expert and have had them go in and fix issues lately but do not have Tech Expert is not on my Bill .I am assuming they had information on there system when my computer had Tech Expert and fixed it anyways. Is Tech Expert still included if you originaly had it as free with your internet package?

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

Certain levels of the old Hybrid Fibre internet packages would give you TechXpert included with them, yes. If you're still on one of those packages it has been grandfathered in.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks I figured that because Tech did ask some strange questions but did go ahead and went into system and fixed issues. The question was how many computers we had I just said one. I think it is because you can only be grandfathered to lower package.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

What about this TechXpert method of finding a quick answer?   Anyone in the community try it for a Navigatr problem? I stumbled upon it looking for the clicks to use to find my Navigatr software version number and date of install.

1. Log in to your Rogers TechXpert account

Go to Rogers11.com and log in to Rogers TechXpert. You may already be automatically logged in. If not, enter your first name, last name, and the phone number associated with your account in the fields provided and click Submit.

2. Download and install the Rogers TechXpert support software

Once you’re in, you should see an option to download the Rogers TechXpert dashboard. Then launch the setup wizard.

Now you should be on the Welcome page. Click Next. Take a look at the support software licence agreement and privacy policy. Click to agree to the terms, then click Next. You’ll be prompted to install the software. Click Install, wait for setup to complete and then click Finish.

That’s it. You’re ready to request live chat help!

3. Start chatting with Rogers TechXperts

Once the Rogers TechXpert support software is installed, all you need do whenever you’re experiencing a technical problem is log in to the dashboard and click Live Chat. Type in your problem, answer any questions the support staff might have, and they’ll do their best to help you out – sometimes even accessing your computer through remote takeover. Your problem will get fixed without you ever even making a call, thanks to Rogers TechXpert support software.