Did you know you could redeem roger points for credits!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Did you know you could redeem roger points for credits!

When i called in a few weeks ago to make a change.. they even made a point to mention i had a ton of points to use it on.
Very odd.

Maybe it was 'broken' so to speak Smiley Tongue
How if its like JohnnyRockets said, that things are AUTO renewing?... maybe things like the $100 off was auto happening every month Smiley Tongue

The wireless upgrade credits DID seem to appear again later today.  So that one is still there.

I'm a Senior Advisor

There are mixed messages going on with this topic at the moment.  I read on the Facebook page a poster ask a moderator if they had to call in to cancel a one time rewards package for a month.  I contacted two online reps and both of them said, absolutely "no way would Rogers make you call in to cancel it. It will be cancelled automatically".  So which is the truth - Moderators, can you please get clarification.  Facebook reps say one thing, chat (2 people) say another, no clarity here yet.

It was also clarified to me from the chat that you cannot apply it to any existing package you currently have (so you can't get a one month discount), it is only for new subscriptions and services.  So clearly in general, the points model is strictly to get us to try us to use new services and try to get us hooked.  As the person said on Facebook, if you have to call in, this looks and feels an awful lot like negative billing options, that are banned in Ontario for cable only, so some services, they would be in violation, unless they argue that the reward is your buying into a new plan service, and cancellation policies apply.  It remains unclear to me.

Would appreciate an official statement on the topic of paying credits to bill with points (is there a link, or can you at least state it is official, as at the moment, it is heresay. And clarification on the automatic versus customer required cancellation.

As for the question is BCB off topic, I would suggest yes, but there is a reason it went that direction. Anything that can guide customers to make an educated decision on the choices in front of them (I am one of those who have never gone with the Rewards program, and you don't lose your BCB bundle automatically if you change your bundled plans around). I still have it on my wireless, and a very discounted package on the home packages (better than the current bundles that require contracts).  Achieved by phoning in once in a while and say, "what is available and then make a choice." There are notes on file that say that the BCB will apply back to a my regular bundled services when the current offer runs out.  Will see with time if that is true, and see which method is the best deal.  As I keep saying, take the time to get line by line service/cost comparisons and understand any changes in committments, terms, cancellation fees at the same time.  Get all the details before making your decision. Even better, get a quote put on file and hopefully emailed to you, then think on it.

The more information that we the consumers can get about how Rogers prices things, including old packages, yes it is not available to new customers, but it is a relavent factor for people who still have them or are on old packages because we are very careful about our choices.  Rogers marketing is very good, and often very confusing and hard to follow at times unless you force them to do a line by line comparison.  If I can educate users about these strategies to get your best offer (it is your choice at the end of the day), then I will try to give it. It remains beneficial to us "old timers" with well and carefully negotiated plans to be fully aware of our options, and the questions related to BCB versus rewards are directly intertwined. I would maybe have considerd rewards if I could get credits on my bill, because it would be similiar to BCB model, so not fully off topic.

One final comment.  We hear in big announcements of things like you can now get this with your rewards points, but it is very silent on the pages when it is removed. Maybe it is buried into the message in your bill, but it certainly isn't given the glitz and show that came with it on its introduction.  Kind of like the newspaper correction to a front page headline buried on page 10.

I hadn't heard that the bill credit had been removed anywhere. Where and when was that announcement made, or did some poor customer just happen to learn about it when they went to the catalogue and found it gone. The terms are clear that we can only claim points on what is in the catalogue and that can be changed at any time without notice, but if Rogers is going to make a big marketing ad about it coming, at a minimum, truth in advertising requires that notification be given of the change easily found by the customers that are taking advantage of it.  As my principal always says, no suprises keeps everyone happy.  Yeh, I know you don't have to tell us, the terms don't require you to.

But thank you for bringing us back on topic, some of us our just very zealous about educating ourselves and others about how to get the best deal and how to gather the full information so you can make an educated decision.  Ever seen the ad on TV about truth in advertising.  The kid going out the window with the entertainers in the foreground.  I often feel that way with all the glitz that Rogers and all other corporations put out.  Do be an informed consumer.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

This is very confusing. What good are Rogers Rewards if I can't use them towards the purchase of my Rogers services, like Canadian Tire Money? I see I have 2226 points. What is that even worth in dollars and how can I use it?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@BS wrote:

I hadn't heard that the bill credit had been removed anywhere. 

There was a comment yesterday on Facebook asking why you no longer can use your points for bill credits. The response from Rogers was "Sorry you don't like that change. I'll pass along your feedback." I have also said too that Rogers rewards is nothing more than a way to get you to spend more with Rogers and anyone with a BCB discount would be foolish to give them up!

This is true no more bill credit - you can get gift card for shopping channel and use point towards upgrades - but the credit towards the inv. is no longer ava...

Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Good afternoon Community!

The Rogers First Rewards Bill Credit is Back! Man Very Happy

No, this is not an error and yes, the Rogers First Rewards bill credit is really back!

Your feedback about the Rogers First Rewards bill credit has been heard loud and clear and we understood the importance of the bill credit to our customers.

It has been re-activated as of today, September 18th , 2015. You can now go back to redeeming this exciting reward to pay your bills.  As before, points can be redeemed towards bill payment in increments of $75, $100 and $200.

Rogers Bill Credit: $0.0075= 1 Point

Name 

$75 Rogers Bill Credit

$100 Rogers Bill Credit

$200 Rogers Bill Credit

RogersMaude

I'm a Senior Advisor

You give three examples. I have less than 10,000 points, so does the Rogers Bill Credit: $0.0075= 1 Point still apply below 10,000?

Unfortunately, not @OLDYELLR.

As before, the points can only be redeemed towards bill payment in increments of $75, $100 and $200.

You can pick other rewards by viewing what is available here.

You still have plenty of time to enjoy the benefits of the current program and you will continue to earn points until December 1, 2015.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I'm a Senior Advisor

Some pretty slim pickins there. No wonder the program lacked participation. Rogers should offer something similar to Air Miles.

Even with few point they have come in handy each Xmas. I've never earned enough to redeem them for anything more than movies so when the family is home for the holidays they could have a couple of movie nights on Rogers.   Smiley Happy