Did you know you could redeem roger points for credits!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Did you know you could redeem roger points for credits!

most of that information is posted online.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/first-rewards

Every customer at min is a silver.  Gold and platinum are based on how much you spend.   There is a $ threshold, which was posted at one point.. i am not able to see it currently anywhere.

So yes, it can take a while.
At platinum level, i gain ALMOST enough to get one 9.99 movie rental per month.

So yes, comparatively to BCB, at the time i think is saved.. around $25?

So for a legacy customer, it may be in their best interest to keep it. (assuming they dont make a change which does force the loss.  No, not all will.. but some do)

But unfortnately it is not comming back.

Each person needs to evaluate their needs, what they can get, and discuss what pricing they can get. (there are many bundles available OUTSIDE of retentions).  Weither that is to keep BCB or not.

---------------------------------

Anyways, we have got away from the TOPIC of this post.

For people who ARE on the rewards, this is an other option that can be used.

Good to use in a pinch, say if something came up and if you were short on money one month for a bill, etc.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the link. As I understand it and provide the following example for a platinum customer with 3 services:

If I spend $200 per month with Rogers, I get 400 points (2 points per dollar spent) per month. In order to get 10 000 points (or a $75 discount as indicated by the OP), it would take me 25 months! However, if I am on the BCB I would get a 12% discount per month or $72 after only 3 months. It is a no brainer - $75 every 25 months or $72 every 3 months!

Keep in mind, this is one example only! I realize the more you spend, the more you accumulate, but it sounds to me like you are much better off with BCB IF you still have it. Now I see why Rogers replaced the BCB program. I also realize that if you give up BCB, there is no way to get it back, which is why, as a consumer you have to do the math and be very wary of new gimmicks!

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Gdkitty wrote:

Remember, only LEGACY customers who have had BCB will have those discounts... after the time they stoped them (when the rewards started).. anyone NEW would not have them as an option.
Or anyone who has changed their plans after the BCB stop would have lost them (and yes, there have been deals, not all increases since then)

What is BCB?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

BCB = Better Choice Bundle.

A legacy bundling program where you'd save 4% on your bill for each service you'd add....4 services = 12% discount.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@JohhnyRockets wrote:

Thank you for the link. As I understand it and provide the following example for a platinum customer with 3 services:

If I spend $200 per month with Rogers, I get 400 points (2 points per dollar spent) per month. In order to get 10 000 points (or a $75 discount as indicated by the OP), it would take me 25 months! However, if I am on the BCB I would get a 12% discount per month or $72 after only 3 months. It is a no brainer - $75 every 25 months or $72 every 3 months!

Keep in mind, this is one example only! I realize the more you spend, the more you accumulate, but it sounds to me like you are much better off with BCB IF you still have it. Now I see why Rogers replaced the BCB program. I also realize that if you give up BCB, there is no way to get it back, which is why, as a consumer you have to do the math and be very wary of new gimmicks!

This calculation is correct if you also don't take into account new bundle pricing.  On BCB, for example, yes I was paying almost 60 for home phone -8%.  Now, with a new ignite bundle, I'm paying $20 for home phone.....That's almost $40 right there, which, after the promo pricing for cable and internet expire, is STILL saving me MORE than when I had the BCB.

I was wary of ditching BCB too for First Choice Rewards, but the INGITE bundle program was too good to pass up, and I added FCR just for the fun of it!

Do your math, absoloutly..don't take anything at face value....but don't forget to figure in ALL the variables.

Ending corporate shill mode........now 🙂

Community Manager
Community Manager

While the Community does appreciate such in depth and passionate discussion, I must agree with @Gdkitty here and request that we all keep the discussion On Topic.

This thread is regarding the ability to purchase Bill Credits with your Rogers First Rewards, and does not relate to the former Better Choice Bundles program.

Thank you,

RogersDarrell

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jkroesen

Thanks! Now I can use all those points for a bill credit! 🙂

Apparently, Rogers has now removed this option. You can no longer redeem Rogers points for bill credits. This was indicated on Facebook recently. Not only that, but if you use your points to get a free channel for a month, it is your responsibilty to cancel that channel at the end of the month; otherwise Rogers will just add it to your bill! Nice!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Tried tweeting them to get a few answers..

Looks like the cellular credit is not listed there either.. i was banking on using that in the next month or so.

They have taken the bill credit reward AWAY  Smiley Sad 

Smiley Sad

Not sure why... maybe to good of a deal LOL 

Hopefully they will see how much that reward was enjoyed and maybe give it back as an option... 

This was the reward i was saving up for....