Did you know you could redeem roger points for credits!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Did you know you could redeem roger points for credits!

Something I notice that was kind of cool Smiley Happy is that Roger Reward points can now be used as credit towards your account... 

Now with this being said you will need a lot points but still I like the idea! The other rewards do not really interest me... Smiley Embarassedother then for hardware but I just upgraded so it will be a while till I used them for that... 

For $75.00 10,000 points required 

There is also options to get $100.00 bill credit for 13,300 points 

and for $200.00 you will need to redeem 26,600

Hopefully some more options will become available allows for 25.00 and 50.00 bill credits... Time will tell... Smiley LOL

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Did you know you could redeem roger points for credits!

I wonder how that would work if you have an automatic monthly bank deduction?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If its auto done FROM your band (set up on the bank side, where it pays X amount) that would continue as normal.

But if its auto withdrawl.. it should be only taking what it needs.

I would assume, if you applied one of those, before the withdrawl date.. only the remaining ballance would be withdrawn.

(i myself, am saving my points up for the hardware upgrade)

The credit would apply  to the balance owing and any left over amount  would come off your pre-auth method (credit card or cheq acct) 

your pre-auth is taken for the amount owing on your account at the time of withdrawal... it's not a fixed amount... 

Any if the credit results in a 0 balance or neg one then no preauth would be taken that month or for as long as a credit remains on the acct 

Community Manager
Community Manager

I just redeemed $200 myself this weekend.

When the credit has run out, then my credit card will be charged for any balance.

RogersDarrell

I'm a Senior Advisor

My Rogers bill is paid by pre-authorized chequing. My points right now are worth about $14. At first I thought this would be a good way to order pay movies from ROD. I haven't decided what to do with it at this point.

However, I went to Rogers First Rewards and saw where it was a limited time offer if  I didn't opt in, which I did.  I would urge anybody who wants to take advantage of this to go there and do the same.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

@jkroesen wrote:

Something I notice that was kind of cool Smiley Happy is that Roger Reward points can now be used as credit towards your account... 

Now with this being said you will need a lot points but still I like the idea! The other rewards do not really interest me... Smiley Embarassedother then for hardware but I just upgraded so it will be a while till I used them for that... 

For $75.00 10,000 points required 

There is also options to get $100.00 bill credit for 13,300 points 

and for $200.00 you will need to redeem 26,600

Hopefully some more options will become available allows for 25.00 and 50.00 bill credits... Time will tell... Smiley LOL

Out of curiosity, how much do you have have to spend with Rogers to get these $75, $100, or $200 credits and the appropriate point levels. It seems to me that if you still have the BCB discount and can get a regular monthly discount of perhaps 8% or even 12% month after month after month, you are getting a much better deal! I am not sure why anyone would trade up the BCB discount for the new rewards program! I can understand why most of the other rewards do not interest you! Smiley Wink

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Remember, only LEGACY customers who have had BCB will have those discounts... after the time they stoped them (when the rewards started).. anyone NEW would not have them as an option.
Or anyone who has changed their plans after the BCB stop would have lost them (and yes, there have been deals, not all increases since then)

Since just prior to that time, and ongoing since, i have called back in every 2 years and seen what other discounts I could get.
I have always got WELL more than the BCB % (lowest amount was %20), and that then INCLUDES getting the rewards points ontop.

I am currently at.. 14,000+ points myself, for all my services. Thats from when it started.
But that includes 2 cells, the core 3 services, and the home security.
For a full family where you could have 4+ phones, that could easily add the points up quickly.

I am well aware that only LEGACY customers who have had BCB will have those discounts. Anyone who stopped them when the rewards started would have been rather foolish. The bottom line is that a regular discount, month after month after month is far better than anything offered with the new rewards program. 

Even if you changed your plan, you DID NOT have to give up your BCB discount. Been there, done that as we changed our cable plan and moved to a new wireless provider. 

Not all customers are even aware that they can call retentions and get a better deal. But.........and this is a big deal for them; they could keep the BCB discount and be much better off than with the rewards program.

Do you not see that the whole purpose behind the new rewards program is to get customers to spend more every month with Rogers? For example, you might get get a free channel for one month. So.......you really like it but in order to keep it you have to upgrade your cable package and wind up spending more with Rogers every month! Or, you get free upgraded Internet for a month and love the fact that you now have additional bandwidth and love how much more streamimg you can do. In order to keep it, you upgrade your Internet package and once again spend more every month with Rogers. Perhaps you might even redeem your points for a free movie and then, once exposed to Rogers On Demand, you are now encouraged to pay the rental fee periodically for an on demand movie. 

Rogers is not stupid. They knew what they were doing when they replaced BCB with the new rewards program. The BCB only gave customers a regular monthly discount but the new rewards programs provides an incentive to spend more with Rogers. 

Anyway, you did not answer my question. How much do you have have to spend with Rogers to get these $75, $100, or $200 credits and the appropriate point levels?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

How much i pay on my bill is no ones concern by mine and rogers 🙂

It may be more than some average people.. but i choose to pay for those, to get those services.

You are 100% correct, that what they did is things that while they kind of provide a reward.. at the same time entices the customer to get it regularily and pay for it.

Rogers is a BUSINESS.. not a charity.   A business's job, is to make MONEY. 
Its called marketing.. and they are FAR from the first person to do anything like it.
Places even your grocery store, do basically the same thing.  Week by week, they have different sales.. Sure the sale is there to give you a deal.. but its also to get you into the store.. and from there, they hope you spend the rest of your money there as well.

Each person needs to evaluate their own scenario.
I am more than happy paying LESS that i was/would be normally, for MORE services, and then also receiving the rewards.