Did a Sim Card swap yesterday, still no service and says it is unactivated?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

So I upgraded my phone, and it required a Micro Sim card because the normal SIM card does not fit. So I went to the nearest Roger's store yesterday and I payed 10 $ for to get a new SIM card. I told the guy I already had an accounnt with Roger's, why is still not activated? Did he not activate it for me? I can not contact anybody becauasel I am getting is no service... What should I do? Did the guy even activate for me? Or do I have to do that myself because I do not want to extend my contract or anything. Or get anymore plans because we already have what we need. Please help.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Did a Sim Card swap yesterday, still no service and says it is unactivated?

Good evening @magnesium56 and welcome to the Forums.

From the information you have provided us, I think the agent in store sold you the card but did not activate it for you yet. If we activate the card for you, it will be free of charge, will not renew your current commitment nor will it require a price plan change. If you cannot call in to have the SIM card activated, it is not a problem, you can do it on our website.

You will need to enter your old SIM number and new SIM number in order to complete the change; make sure you have them ready. The SIM number is written on the SIM card.

1. Log into your MyROGERS account.
  2. From the ACCOUNT OVERVIEW tab, click on SERVICEStr7ie58o.png
  3. If there are several phone numbers on the account, click on the arrow for the dropdown menu and select the correct one.
  4. Scroll down until you see the My Wireless Package section, then click on Change My SIM.drjyd.png
  5. Enter the old SIM card number in the Old SIM Number field.
  6. Enter the new SIM card number in the New SIM Number field.
  7. Click Change.
  8. Review the changes and press Yes, Continue.
    • You will receive a confirmation that the change was successful.
  9. Insert the new SIM card into your device.
  10. You may need to power on and off the device for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you require further assistance!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

I just got a phone and I got everything ready online but it said it couldn't activate my SIM card, do I have to put it in my phone for it to be activated? How long will I have to wait if I don,t put it in the phone?

Thank You,

Someone in need of big help!

Good day @Julianne222,

Welcome to the Forums and Thank you for your post!

Technically, if the SIM card has been activated on our network, you shouldn't have to wait for it to function.

You should have the ability to put it in your phone, turn it on and right away, place and receive phone calls.

Have you tried to activate your SIM card on our website following the instructions above?

Do you currently have a Prepaid line active with us or do you have a Postpaid account?!

You can try to turn off/turn back on your device, to confirm whether or not additional measures need to be taken on our end. It would be our pleasure to take a deeper look into this.

Let us know if you need help!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Should I try putting in the SIM card into my iphone , or will it mess up the card, or should I try activating it again?

Hello again @Julianne222,

If your SIM card has already been activated, yes you can go ahead and put it in your phone to verify whether or not it is working.

If it is not functional you may want to access your online profile to verify and make sure that the right SIM card has been activate following the instructions above.

If you cannot get it to work, please let us know Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

The thing is when I filled out all the information , it gave me my phone number and completed the process but then told me the SIM card could not be activated, and that rogers is sorry for any inconvenience... so im going to call rogers tonight, and try and fix it then. Could you give me any tips???

Hi @Julianne222,

I can definitely help you understand the process.

Did you activate the SIM card on an existing account?

Was it for a new line or it was a SIM card replacement for an existing line?

Do you have a Pay-As-You-Go line or is it monthly?

Knowing this information will make it easier for me to guide you effectively!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

#1 I dont exactly know because the first time I tried it , I got only as far as to the part of the billing/ contact information before I clicked a wrong key and it brought be back to the start

#2 I am on a pay as you go / monthly plan , I pay 15.75 a month for that i get unlimited texting  and every call costs 25 cents per minute,

Im sorry about this information being hazy,

Im really confused.

I am confident you will get that sorted out @Julianne222!

In this case, I would recommend that you contact our Pay-as-you-Go representatives at 1-800-575-9090.

To reach someone who can assist you please choose option 4, then option 4 again in the second menu. 

Afterwards, you will be given an option to speak with one of our agent (option 1).

They are available every day, their business hours are : 

Monday to Friday - 8 AM to 12 AM EST

Saturday 8 AM -10 PM EST

Sunday 8 AM - 9 PM EST

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude