Device Protection Guarantee

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Device Protection Guarantee

Won't most home insurance companies insure cell phones ?  I would expect far better service in most cases.

Hi @Aben1,

Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for posting your concern in the Forums. We can definitely assist you with your inquiry. Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps next time you're online. 

RogersZia

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Ummm ... after reading @Aben1 's post  I think it would be appropriate for Rogers  to do something a little more  customer oriented than  offer to help  IF  HE/SHE contacts you through this forum ... Smiley Sad

They have made one post  to bring this to your attention  and it would be no surprise if they  don't come back judging by the tone of the post.... so the above  post makes Rogers look good  but has essentially done NOTHING to address the situation .  Smiley Wink

I've Been Here Awhile

DO NOT USE their device protection with Asurion. It is the BIGGEST scam ever considering what you are paying. I cracked my screen of my iPhone 6 and then decided I may as well test out my insurance, big mistake I should have just dealt with the broken screen. After going through 2 replacement devices within 2 weeks I decided to go into an Apple Store to see what was actually wrong, they took my device apart and were very surprised to discover that the device was put together with non Apple parts and the serial number on the back was clearly edited. It has now been 4 months of constant calling to Asurion to get my return envelope to send this device back where they keep questioning if they have the correct address even though I was able to receive these replacement devices within days of requesting. So not only did I pay the monthly fee, the $200 deductible, I also lost my REAL Apple iPhone in exchange for this fake non working replacement. DO NOT USE this insurance service it is a scam.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Ccl20

Out of curiosity did Apple provide you with any proof that this refurbished device was modified and had a non existing serial number? If this was the case, Apple wouldn't have given u the device back and would have taken it and shown their managers nd send it off back to their offices. I know this as i know how location manager at Eatons Center and Fairview and both just not told me that is not possible and they would also provide you with a email or hard copy of this and send it to their offices and Rogers.

Asurion works with all carriers in Canada and US and works with Walmart and other high end companies including Target in US as well. So i doubt they send out fake devices as i used their services many times with products from Walmart and Rogers without any issues.

Have you contacted Asurion and provided them with proof his is a modified device sent by them?
I've Been Here Awhile

Apple did not physically give me anything but he went and showed his manager and they both said this is not the first instance they've seen and they will be bringing it up when Rogers comes for their visit to see how things are going. All you have to do is hold the phone and you can tell the difference between it and an original iPhone, I still have the phone that I would be happy to share with someone to show the difference as I have yet to receive my return envelope. The worker at Apple did not take the phone away because he said " you need to take this to Rogers and show them that their insurance is providing non Apple phones." I contacted Rogers and Asurion about this issue and neither one of them even questioned it or asked for photos proving it, Asurion just said said it back and we'll refund you. They win anyways as they got my Original real iPhone 6.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Ccl20

Hmm that seems odd. I wonder what is going on then. I'll ask around and see. Usually they never send out " fake" ones as its not on their protocol and if Apple has seen this before, they would have stopped it and asurion wouldn't be in business. Either way I would contact a manager at Rogers and see if they can offer u something, if not ask for the office of the President and see what they can do. At this point speaking to them would be best.

Keep calling asurion for the box to send it back. Pressure them if u haven't received it without couple of business days.
I've Been Here Awhile

Oh yes I call them every 10 days and I get the same story, asking if they have my address correct, I've never seen this happen before, just wait another 10 days and it should be there. When I told Rogers all of this they did not even question or deny and offered me a free upgrade but I still had to pay another $300 to get a phone plus my $200 deductible for the insurance....just a waste of money all around. But yes I'll keep trying with Asurion and if it doesn't come this next time around I'll be reaching out to a Rogers manager because this is ridiculous. Thanks for the input!

Hello, @Ccl20

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. We can look into the issue for you, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps as we need to access your account. Please check our blog if you require assistance with the private messaging.

Thanks,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

I lost my phone
Topic Stats