cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Financing + Plan Fee

Slaughterhouse
I've been here awhile

Okay, this is confusing. Yesterday I received a call from Rogers recommending a device upgrade. The person on the phone told me that I would receive a new phone on my plan as my old device was paid in full. When I opted to choose a device I confirmed with the person the total amount of the bill would include the device. However now when I look at my plan, I see that there are two prices: a device financing fee and a plan fee. The combined total of these two amounts is twice as much as what I was quoted on the phone. Is this just a bill detail that I am misreading? Basically the plan fee is around $70 a month and the device financing is $70 a month. I was told on the phone I would only be paying $85 a month but if those are two different amounts then I am thinking the monthly amount would be $140 a month. So confused right now.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Device Financing + Plan Fee

RogersMaude

Good day @Slaughterhouse,

Welcome to the Rogers Community & thank you for your post! Understanding your monthly charges is key when looking at your bill. We want to help you shed some light on this

Device Financing allows customers on approved credit to finance phones, tablets, smartwatches and accessories for $0 down. You’ll pay off the total financed amount through equal monthly payments over a 24-month period. There is 0% interest on financing. The cost of the device financing is independent from your price plan.

To finance a phone you must have an eligible postpaid plan. Taxes are charged on the full retail price of the device or accessory and will be financed in equal monthly payments over your financing term. Your monthly device financing payments and monthly financed taxes will appear as separate amounts in the Additional Charges and Credits section, within the Wireless section of your bill.

You can also view a Financing Program Details chart which highlights the total financed amount for your device, how much of your total device financing balance you’ve already paid, and your total remaining device financing balance. If you’ve received a financing program promotion, that credit amount will appear in the Monthly Charges section of your wireless bill and will reduce your monthly wireless service charges.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersMaude

Good day @Slaughterhouse,

Welcome to the Rogers Community & thank you for your post! Understanding your monthly charges is key when looking at your bill. We want to help you shed some light on this

Device Financing allows customers on approved credit to finance phones, tablets, smartwatches and accessories for $0 down. You’ll pay off the total financed amount through equal monthly payments over a 24-month period. There is 0% interest on financing. The cost of the device financing is independent from your price plan.

To finance a phone you must have an eligible postpaid plan. Taxes are charged on the full retail price of the device or accessory and will be financed in equal monthly payments over your financing term. Your monthly device financing payments and monthly financed taxes will appear as separate amounts in the Additional Charges and Credits section, within the Wireless section of your bill.

You can also view a Financing Program Details chart which highlights the total financed amount for your device, how much of your total device financing balance you’ve already paid, and your total remaining device financing balance. If you’ve received a financing program promotion, that credit amount will appear in the Monthly Charges section of your wireless bill and will reduce your monthly wireless service charges.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Slaughterhouse
I've been here awhile

Thank you for replying, Maude. Is there a reason why I would not see the promotional monthly credit for the phone under the Financing Tab summary as well as the Financing program details chart? I was told in a chat that only Rogers can see this credit on their backend, it's "normal" that it does not appear on the financing tab, and that this credit would just "appear" on my monthly invoices. I just want confirmation of what was agreed on because everything I am seeing on my portal points to a phone being financed at its non-promotional cost (double the agreed upon price). The experience really just makes me want to return the phone before the first month is up. 

You're very welcome @Slaughterhouse! I appreciate you took the time to get back to me.

The reason why your financing program promotion credit does not show in the Financing Program Detail, is because that amount will appear in the Monthly Charges section of your wireless bill and will reduce your monthly wireless service charges. The details in the Financing Program chat help you keep track of the total financed amount for your device, how much of your total device financing balance you’ve already paid, and your total remaining device financing balance.

I apologize for the confusion this has caused. If you need us to validate or confirm that it'll indeed be applied according to the offer you received, we'd be more than happy to do so. In order to discuss your account, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with this process, check out this blog.

Thanks!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation