Device Down Payment Dispute

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ygsk18
I've Been Here Awhile

Device Down Payment Dispute

I recently moved from Telus to Rogers with new plan - 15GB Rogers Infinite plan with Device Financing on Jun 18, 2021. I made an upfront down payment of $271.20 (including taxes) on the same day (Jun 18, 2021) as part of the order to Rogers Communication, Brampton. I got confirmation email and receipt hard copy by mail for the downpayment made. But the amount is still shown as unpaid amount in subsequent bills till date.

I followed up with Rogers customer service since first billing in July and raised multiple cases to investigate and resolve the billing. They asked to forward the receipt copy by mail and email and I sent them. In spite of following up on the case and sending the proof of payment by mail and email (receipt and order confirmation email mentioning Downpayment amount being paid), it’s stressful to see how my payment is not reflected in Rogers billing still. I’m receiving calls and messages to pay outstanding amount (which I already paid while placing the order) with penalty. It’s annoying and vexing to get this issue resolved with Rogers Billing and Customer service.

Any thought or guidance would be helpful.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
ygsk18
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Device Down Payment Dispute

Good Morning Laura,

Thanks for getting back, yes I did called Rogers Direct who provided Invoice for my device purchase and receipt of down payment. Seems like there was an disconnect between the rogers customer support for billing and Rogersdirect payments. They updated yesterday to reflect in my account and resolved the issue. Thanks.

View solution in original post

All Replies
RogersLaura

Good day, @ygsk18!

A warm welcome to the Rogers community and congrats on your first post here. 🙂

After reading your post I can definitely understand your reason for being upset. This is most certainly not how we would have liked your onboarding experience to go. Hopefully, we can get everything back on track. 

I know that you've been back and forth with our customer care folks trying to get the matter resolved. When did you submit your proof of payment by mail/email? Since then, have you received any follow-ups?

By any chance, did you make your way back to the store where the purchase and payment was made with the original paperwork to inquire? They should have been able to reach out to their Retail Support Group to help investigate and get it resolved. 

We look forward to hearing back from you!

RogersLaura

ygsk18
I've Been Here Awhile

Good Morning Laura,

Thanks for getting back, yes I did called Rogers Direct who provided Invoice for my device purchase and receipt of down payment. Seems like there was an disconnect between the rogers customer support for billing and Rogersdirect payments. They updated yesterday to reflect in my account and resolved the issue. Thanks.

View solution in original post