Detailed text messages on phone bills ?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Detailed text messages on phone bills ?

Sorry, error in my reply - I was speaking to phone call details, not text details. Text details and content have never been available.  By the way, a few weeks after these discussions began, still no change to the web site, just the work arounds we have all learned. We should not have to be required to find our information through work arounds, this is just solutions for programming that does not meet the needs of a group of users

In my case, being required to move to 75% is a challenging issue - I zoom to 150 % on a very large monitor - why, I have a visual and reading impairment.  It would appear that the programmers have set a code to shrink to fit to screen view rather than allow for horizontal scrolling. This is critical for visual impairment. Also does not meet the standard requirements of page design for visual impairment and other disabilities. There is an organization that certifies pages to reflect the needs of hearing and visual impairments. It doesn't appear that Rogers is considering these standards, even if they do not want to consider certification. The standards are kind of neat - changes font size is required, ability to break screen into columns or full view and text to speech to name a view.

In addition, the need for details, (on the bill, not on line by viewing, but no way to print, only download to a CSV spreadsheet file (hope you have a spreadsheet program) is a requirement for compensation if your bill is paid for others, to ease the ability to contest what we may perceive as an error in charges or billing, to resolve a conflict with a person or organization on whether we have talked to them, and for income tax purposes where you have to have a high detail of calculation, although the CSV download is a helpful feature, because we have to do percentage of time spent in business versus personal and you can do that easily.  So a feature of download is made available after years of requests, but we loose the ability to see it in one unified place (our Bill), which has been a standard model for phone calls as long as I have been a phone customer with any company.

Further, the ability to have it on a printed PDF (no I don't want mailings) allows me to zoom the pdf to see everything on my bill in one place. I really do not want to wander screens and different programs (Adobe reader, spreadsheet program, and web site just to get all my information).  Again, meeting my disability needs, which by law, companies must consider my needs in all services under Ontario Disabilities Acts and Human Rights codes.  

Finally, note to everyone - if you have your view on 100% or greater, many features are not going to view through the whole web site, so the bottom line is this creates problems on your own phone application as it shrinks the view on some phones (older less large screens) or on the browsers on the phones.

Hope that the programmers, developers, and system designers look into this in a timely manner. For now, I am moving on, will learn to live with it. One alternative for my printed version, is I am printing details from screen to PDF, but you will have to put up with the HTML code for the feedback on the side sitting in the middle of the screen and you will get a line chopped on the details if it is on more than one page. You get all the code links at the bottom to, but can eliminate this by printing only the pages with the detail on it. Just one more workaround.

Concluded that when rogers listened to our concerns, they forgot to ask those of us what details are working properly. We had no concerns, once we were able to turn included detailed billing which got turned off by default when the model was first introduced.  So yes, do give people ability to reduce detail on bills, but also bring back full detailed billing.

Bye bye - I will learn to live with it, not happy. Stay with Rogers because the service meets my needs and put up with some things like this.

I've Been Here Awhile

I used to be able to see a detail summary of text messages; it provided the numbers of texts sent and received, just like the phone calls...I'm not sure when it went away but it is important to me so I may be looking to go elsewhere.

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Hi @oscars,

We provide details of the amount of texts you have sent or received during your billing cycle, however, we do not provide a breakdown of the day or time the messages were sent at, nor the phone number it was sent from/to on your actual invoice. 

Good news though! If you have Rogers One Number, when you log onto the website, you will be able to go to your inbox and check the details of your text messages there.  

Hope this helps

@RogersGabrielle

I've Been Here Awhile

This feature was available in the past; very similar detail summary we get on phone calls...when did Rogers decide to remove it? I know for a fact that I am able to get text message details through Bell (my work phone is with Bell), it gives me a summary of the phones numbers I texted with.

Thank you,

Oscar

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, it is true you can see the text messages on RON, just remember that it will only run fuly on IE11. You may be able to get at the text messages on Firefox, depending upon whether the site is in your cache. Dialer won't work though.

I have heard many reasons over the years why they can't give us the text phone numbers that we contact. Never have been able to get a full answer, but was told clearly that they don't do it.

Good luck, Bruce

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

@oscars

In the past we provided our customers with a detailed breakdown of text messages, largely due to the fact that the majority of our plans did not include unlimited texting, and customers were billed for sending/receiving texts. Since that time, we've shifted to plans that now include unlimited texting, essentially eliminating the need for a detailed breakdown of text messages. 

Try out the Rogers One Number feature. It will provide you with the details you are looking for.

Thanks for reaching out

@RogersGabrielle

I'm a Senior Advisor

I have said this before, I will say it again, not providing details on phone calls, or text, presents problems for anyone who wants to claim phone usage as a write off for CRA, or wishes to claim for company usage - unlimited or not, it provides the data that permits for percentage of use of the cell phone and its features for tax purposes.

It is interesting how Rogers decides not give details without asking customers what they have to use details for, unlimited or not, many customers (there are no shortage of self employed workers, and small business services provided using personal resources, but cannot warrent being part of small business plans), who use details.

It is like keeping milage on your car and travel, with documented names of where you have gone, every receipt, percentage of use of your car for personal and business, so that you can claim all costs related to the car, why we measure the size of dedicated office space in our homes, and determine the percentage of hours and hours of operation in the case of home baby sitting and day care, we can then claim many expenses to the home as a percentage of business costs.

There are many reasons why people need details, and making sure that we aren't billed wrong is only one of them.

I have said this before along with others.  Rogers took the position on bill details back in June that we didn't need them on the bill for call details, and they made the switch, so I guess a review by their legal departments pointed out that we had to have access to that detail, because we got it.  Now we are asking for it on the smart phone app, and mobile browsers, not just on a desktop or laptop, and ability to save the bill from mobile devices (they have heard and I have been told they are working towards it - when is unknown).

It is legitimate for customers to indicate that they need the details, and although the fact that it is unlimited may lead the company to feel that we don't need the details, because we don't any concerns being overbilled with unlimited, there really are unique reasons.

CRTC told me on this one when I asked about a range of reasons, that they don't make determinations on bill issues, that the mailing costs were part of the last budget from the legislature (so you can take this to a MP to try to get change), or as they said, they are encouraging competition between companies on cost and features, and to use escalation processes to get changes, or go to another company.

Good luck, but do be persistent and push for change, or just walk if you cannot get satisfaction.

I do appreciate learning that I can review texts from my one number though.

Bruce

I've Been Around

I am pretty sure due to privacy they would not be able to provide this information, and some people text 1000's per month so it would take a lot yo show each text, on the bill now it just shows how many in and how manybout

I've Been Around

Can I get the last txt msg sent to my phone
Highlighted

Good morning @Mrc1977!

Welcome to our Community Forums!

I understand that text messages can be important and issues may occur from time to time that prevent them from reaching us but unfortunately we have no way to resend a text message due to our privacy policy.

We do not keep copies of text message content. If a message fails to reach you, it is lost and would have to be resent by the original author.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 13 in conversation