Detailed text messages on phone bills ?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Detailed text messages on phone bills ?

I was wondering if there was anyway you could get detailed text messages on cellphone bills. Like the content of the text message.

***edited labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Detailed text messages on phone bills ?

I have heard unofficiallly from a couple of reps that this feature is coming, but have not been able to get anyone to verify, if or when it will come. Certainly hope so. There is nothing like trying to debate the use of text messages when they can see the detail and you can't.

I've Been Around

Has this capability been added since this comment was made?  1. can you get detailed billing info online or paper that shows the numbers that have been texted from/to; 2. Can you see the actual content of the text messages themselves?  I can see pros and cons to this, and certainly privacy issues: like when parent pays for the phone service for a child's phone under a family plan and is then enabled to see the child's texting activity (contact nums to/from and perhaps content?)

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello seanotd

This has not been added. Sadly i do not think any carrier will add this. The pros i can understand but the cons are serious & thus carriers do NOT want to do this for that reason. Most of us would love to have this feature but it seems carriers think its better not to add it.

You can always download a application which always saved the numbers your child texts or calls.

I've Been Around

Is there anyway to see who you have texted like the phone number?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Hello Shawn1987

You are not able to and Rogers will only release this to your lawyer or a judge. To any customer it won't be released. The only way to see the number is threw your phone
I've Been Around

Telus provides detailed logs of every incomign and outgoing text - who they go to and the time stamp.  It doesn't make sense why Rogers won't provide this. If i want to see if my child is texting in the middle of the night, i can see this clearly with Telus but not with Rogers. Why?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Jotmoe

Hmmm i never heard of that. Are you sure its calling and not texting? Rogers could have many reasons of not doing it as it do. Not all carriers will do the same as they do have reasons behind it. Also that is one of thr security reasons why Rogers doesn't do it. Anyone can go through your trash and see the numbers your family members are texting and it can get ugly.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The OP as asking about getting details of the message, the content, what was typed.

With detailed billing, it might show all the in/out, I would have to check a bill at home. I know it does it for phone.

I Plan to Stick Around

Depending on your child's phone, there are apps out there that can forward all text messages as emails to a specified account (e.g. the parents').  Not sure about iPhones, but there are several apps out there for Android.

Basically, you install it on the phone (remove the app icon from the desktop if you desire), configure the app so that text messages will forward to an email address you specify, and you will have record of numbers, dates/times, and the body of the text.

I make no judgment on morality or privacy issues.  I had something similar for my BlackBerry to back up my text messages as there was a memory limitation as to how many can be kept on the device before having memory issues.  An app that forwarded all texts to email meant that I could freely delete text messages periodically without really losing them if I had to refer to them later.

Here is a possible app candidate for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zeesoftware.emailnytexts&hl=en

Klotar
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0