I was wanting to know why we cannot view our "Detailed text messages" like what numbers have been texted? we can see what phone number we dialed but not the numbers texted. All other cell phone providers show this information. I want to see who my children are texting,, this is a real problem. what would be the security issue with this? when all other companies show this information.
***EDITED TITLE AND LABELS***
Good day @KellieC,
Thanks for posting your question to the Rogers Community Forums and welcome!
I understand your concern, making sure your children are messaging people they can trust is important.
At this time, Rogers does not offer such feature or a text messaging forwarding option.
The text message detailed usage does not appear on invoices either, for privacy reasons.
You may want to look into a third-party app that would fulfill your needs.
Hope this helps!
1. The text message detailed usage does not appear on invoices either, for privacy reasons.
2. You may want to look into a third-party app that would fulfill your needs.
1. I'm the only one on my account, yet very few of the text messages have a phone number beside them - some do. I could understand this for other people on the account, but if there's only one person on the account, how does privacy enter into it.
Why is it that some SMS do have this information (phone number), while others do not?
2. Where would you install this app - on the child's phone?
Though I can appreciate an account holder wanting full text message visibility, the detailed usage accessible via MyRogers varies based on your type of account. Are you using a prepaid or a postpaid service? n addition content visibility for text messages by Rogers is not available due to privacy reasons.
Although we don't provide any level of support for 3rd party apps I'm certain that with a little research, options will become available.
1. Though I can appreciate an account holder wanting full text message visibility, the detailed usage accessible via MyRogers varies based on your type of account.
2. Are you using a prepaid or a postpaid service?
3. ...content visibility for text messages by Rogers is not available due to privacy reasons.
1. That's why I thought since I'm the only one on my account that I would be able to see who texted me and who I texted. I'm not looking for the content of the texts, just the phone numbers. The billing data (cost) and exact date/time of text is shown, why not the phone number? This is available to me in the Messages App on my iPhone, but I was curious why some phone numbers appear under MyRogers (Call/Transaction History) and some don't.
2. I'm on the Grandfathered Anytime PAYGo plan.
3. This doesn't appear to be an issue for (some?) other providers and should not be an issue for Rogers if I'm the only one on the account. I hear what you're saying, but I don't understand why there would be privacy concerns on a single account.
Good evening @Crystal007,
Welcome to the Community and thank you for sharing your concern with us. I appreciate the challenges you've listed and while the details of the usage are available on MyRogers,it is generated at the end of each billing cycle. As far as lack of details for incoming calls or text messages; this is a privacy requirement. We have to enforce it, because our systems can’t tell if the incoming number was blocked or unlisted.
As for the extenuating circumstance that you've referred to, we do have processes in place to deal with such instances. You can find all the pertinent information on our Privacy page.
Texting information on the bill (when we are charged)
I receive the record of all the phone numbers on my bill (whether I am charged for them or not), but no text number, even if I'm charged for them.
It took me 3 calls (a total of about 3 hours) to get to the bottom of the charges that I had for my texts in the month of January.
I don't plan to spend this time every month.
Is there a way to add this information to the bill, please?
I understand that getting info about the incoming number is a privacy issue, but we're charged when we SEND the texts, so there should'b be any issue.
Outgoing texts should be dealt with the same way as you do with the outgoing phone calls.
Isn't that so?
We certainly appreciate your presence in the Rogers Community Forums and you bring up a good point!
Although the option to access/download outgoing text message information is not presently available to your disposal, I can see why it might be handy to have.
At present, the only way to obtain a full print-out of this information would be to send the request by mail or email as follows:
Chief Privacy Officer
333 Bloor Street East
M4W 1G9 or
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: These records are available for 13 months and administrative fees may apply. Requests are fulfilled within 30 days unless an extension is requested.
Thank you for your feedback, we'll be happy to pass it along for future consideration!